Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio-diesel and SVO

Ive just found a local supplier of bio-diesel
    so im going to try running my truck on it.

1. Has anybody had any problems using it?

2. Can it be mixed with SVO in the tank, or is best just to stick to one or the other?

Im thinking of running it on a mixture of derv/bio/svo but im unsure if this will cause any problems. Has anybody used this combo before and what where the results??

Thanks in advance.
    Keep On Truckin!

It all depends on how the bio sellers makeing his mix, i have heard of some bad ones, other than that i dont see any problems other than the useual filter changeing,as long as it's thin enough (or warm enough) to go through and not over presure the IP,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by yogigypsy View Post
      Ive just found a local supplier of bio-diesel
      so im going to try running my truck on it.

1. Has anybody had any problems using it?

2. Can it be mixed with SVO in the tank, or is best just to stick to one or the other?

Im thinking of running it on a mixture of derv/bio/svo but im unsure if this will cause any problems. Has anybody used this combo before and what where the results??

Thanks in advance.
      In leicester? Last time I looked the nearest was wolverhampton.

In this temp, you should be fine to run on 100% biodiesel. You can mix the biodiesel with the WVO/SVO as you would diesel.

You don't have issues with biodiesel being too thick, unless you get to very low temperatures and hit the gel point, the idea of the tranesterfication is to chemically remove the parts that make the oil thick.

Let me know how you get on with the biodiesel, and if it's not a secret source would you mind letting me know about it?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        It all depends on how the bio sellers makeing his mix, i have heard of some bad ones, other than that i dont see any problems other than the useual filter changeing,as long as it's thin enough (or warm enough) to go through and not over presure the IP,
        Originally posted by neoxerox View Post
        In leicester? Last time I looked the nearest was wolverhampton.

In this temp, you should be fine to run on 100% biodiesel. You can mix the biodiesel with the WVO/SVO as you would diesel.

You don't have issues with biodiesel being too thick, unless you get to very low temperatures and hit the gel point, the idea of the tranesterfication is to chemically remove the parts that make the oil thick.

Let me know how you get on with the biodiesel, and if it's not a secret source would you mind letting me know about it?
        Thanks for the info guys, I had an inclin that I could just mix it as I have done with Derv/SVO, (only be doing that for a week now), but just wanted to double check before I do anytjing fatal!!

Will keep you upto date on how it all goes.

(once ive got it im going to do a freezer test, (just need to get a thermometer first though), and see at what temp it starts to gel up, if it does at all that is)

------------------------------------------------------------------

@neoxerox

Its not a secret mate, found the guy on Ebay, he is based in Nottingham, so its sort of local to Leicester!! He sells it at 80p per Litre, in 25L, 200L, or any container you want filling.

check here....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
        Keep On Truckin!

Comment

That's only 15 miles from me! Your a legend

Comment

Originally posted by yogigypsy View Post
            @neoxerox

Its not a secret mate, found the guy on Ebay, he is based in Nottingham, so its sort of local to Leicester!! He sells it at 80p per Litre, in 25L, 200L, or any container you want filling.

check here....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
            Thanks, i may well have to go and get some!

55p/l veg oil mixed with 80p/l bio

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post
              That's only 15 miles from me! Your a legend
              Glad to help buddy.

If you email the chap through ebay and he dont reply for a few days, dont think he is not interested, he will reply when he gets the chance. I spoke to him today and he had something like 1700 msgs in his box!!
              Keep On Truckin!

Comment

Originally posted by neoxerox View Post
                Thanks, i may well have to go and get some!

55p/l veg oil mixed with 80p/l bio

Where you getting veg oil for 55p!!

cheapest i can find is 83p, and thats only cuz its on special offer at the supermarket!!
                Keep On Truckin!

Comment

in bulk (800L) from someone in bolton, think it's upto 60p/l now though.

he's called energy_solutions on vegetableoilbiodiesel.co.uk forums

Comment

Something I keep looking at, A 2 tonne truck will never get 50MPG so lets find cheaper fuels, while we are getting screwed tax wise at the pumps.

Cheers.

peace
                    cal
                    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

UPDATE>>>>

Just took delivery of 50L of Biodiesel, cant run the truck on it just yet as I have 3/4 tank of 55% svo/derv, going to use that up first then run on straight BIO and see how it runs, with a fuel filter change im sure it will be just fine.
                      Keep On Truckin!

Comment

Working...
                      X