Recall at Inchcape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall at Inchcape

Hello, i rang Inchcape Toyota to find out if mine was due any recalls, to which the bloke said that cos it's an import, they couldn't check and they wouldn't be able to do it anyway.
    He's speaking directly from his rectum, is he not?
    Loads of Surfs on here have had the steering recal done in this country haven't they?
    He said that they wouldn't even recognise the VIN number but i told him to try anyway, and it did work, but he said he couldn't check anything cos it's an import.

This is wrong, right?

You're right, its wrong.

lol

They need your Chassis number and model number, then will contact Toyota and see if your steering tie rod is ok or not.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

You need to call Toyota GB customer services on 01737 367600 just give them you're VIN number and they'll check their system. They will also ask for a couple of local Toyota dealers and which one you would prefer to take it to.

It took a couple of weeks to sort mine out, but that was due to confusion over the VIN.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Mine was done at an inchcape dealership, although I rang Toyota first and they organised it. Their service was very impressive though.

Comment

A few main dealers try to pull that one!
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

my toyota dealer has no problems checking anything out for me?
            i just gave him the id to mi surf once thats it
            every time i walk in he knows whats what
            dont they all do that or is it just a good place i use?
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

My recall story was funny.

Went into main dealer and got recall done, no problems.
              They handed me a vehicle inspection sheet ( i didn't ask them to inspect the truck) and it had a list of things that in total was a shade over £1400 to put right.

Now your thinking, ###### hell! that truck must be falling to bits!

They wanted £379 to fit a new UJ on the rear prop.

I left with my truck. I repaired the rear UJ for £15, new joint from roughtrax.

The other wee bits have since been dealt with and I still have about £1200 left over.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

how would i know if the recall had been done on my truck, can i just ring toyota dealer and ask??? and is it on specific surfs or all of em???

Comment

you will need to ring toyota uk.Have a search for recall and the contact numbers are there somewhere and they will get back to asap and let you know if it has to be done or not
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Loads of info in this thread.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...teering+recall
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                      how would i know if the recall had been done on my truck, can i just ring toyota dealer and ask??? and is it on specific surfs or all of em???
                      I think the abuse your tie rod has had over the last few months, I'd say it was fine.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                      X