Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good day off-roading!

Hello fellow surfers,
    I went to the Whaddon, 4x4 off-roading place yesterday, great fun!
    I had some mud tyres put on my surf on Saturday and thought id test them out.
    The off-roading site was quite good, but i've only ever been to Devils Pit before,
    so you will have to judge it for yourself.
    There were about 100 4x4's there, mainly Land rovers, Range rovers and Mitsubishi shoguns. I think I was the only surf!
    The site is on the west of Milton Keynes, and costs £20 to get in, it is open-plan and you can drive where you want; up and down hills, through mud and water and lots of grass for us wimps to drive on!
    I would recomend it over Devils Pit for a newby to try off-roading, I will definitly be going back.

Sounds good any pics ?

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

I didnt have my camera, or I would have taken lots of photos of the many
      Land rovers that were half submerged, stuck in the mud, with big crowds pointing and laughing at them!

Comment

I used to race enduros there years ago, Man that place is a bog.

Did you offer to tow any Land Rovers out?
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I was too busy laughing. They were already surounded by lots of other Land rovers, and people scratching their heads.

Comment

Hopefully you got "the bug" now and you will keep going! I went to an excellent place down the A3 on an army tank ground. The area was called Borden. Similar place to you describe, mainly land rovers (organised by Surrey 4x4) There was a 4.2 Landcruiser and a quite big Jeep. Lots of fun, and lots of "puddles" that were actually Craters left by army tanks.
            It was funny to watch the Defenders go in and then sink on one side as the water level came up to the gear stick.
            I stuck to the higher ground like a chicken but I had a good view point!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
            X