New shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New shocks

After almost 8 years of abuse its time to change the shocks on the sumo mobile. One of my procomp 9000 has started to weep so I may as well do all 4 the question is do I replace them with Monroe's which Barry has on the shelf or wait 8 weeks for the desert fox to arrive. Is anyone using the desert fox? if so what are they like? or as Barry say's are the monroe just as good?
    Your opinions will be greatly accepted.
    The avalanche prep begins.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

i know nowt about owt but i fitted desert fox on the front a year ago no probs but i dont do off road so!!! i guess theres buggerall to choose between fox and monroe, some have said the fox shocks have rusted in no time but i heard that about procomps as well,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I've only recently started fitting the Desert Fox ones, they seem to be a direct alternative to ProComp, ie, great value for money, and all that entails.

Monroes are good shocks, but not as chunky as the others, more like a direct replacement to stock ones.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'd say 8 years from a set of Procomps is excellent - most people on this forum seem to suggest they last a couple of weeks these days..

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          I've only recently started fitting the Desert Fox ones, they seem to be a direct alternative to ProComp, ie, great value for money, and all that entails.

Monroes are good shocks, but not as chunky as the others, more like a direct replacement to stock ones.
          Hi Tony
          Can you beat the 8 week delivery time on a set of ifs 2" extended fronts and 2.5" rear leaf spring shocks?
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
          X