Should I spray my Surf a new colour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I spray my Surf a new colour?

Just got a 3.0 SSRG today but I don't know whether to spay it a different colour or not, my current Surf is Black and with the bull bars and wheels it look great however looks dirty quickly. My 3.0 is a dark Met Blue.

I'm thinking of something different than the norm, something that stands out but not over the top.

Has anyone else had their Surf sprayed a different colour? It's difficult to imagine it a different colour without seeing it in the flesh if you know what I mean.......................... ........doesn't help being colour blind.............

If anyone has got any pictures it would be good to see.

Thanks
    If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Don't respray the SSRG another colour
    Is the SSRG black or blue? Whatever colour it is, just give it a really good cleanup, tcut restore and then 3 or so coats of wax and the dirt will just fall off. Well almost..
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Mine should look like this by now, but people keep wanting V8s fitted, so it won't get done now 'till August!

Comment

Are you going to name it Bumblebee? Those wheels look like American Racing Baja rims, what are those? I do like that though.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Justbrad View Post
          Just got a 3.0 SSRG today but I don't know whether to spay it a different colour or not, my current Surf is Black and with the bull bars and wheels it look great however looks dirty quickly. My 3.0 is a dark Met Blue.

I'm thinking of something different than the norm, something that stands out but not over the top.

Has anyone else had their Surf sprayed a different colour? It's difficult to imagine it a different colour without seeing it in the flesh if you know what I mean.......................... ........doesn't help being colour blind.............

If anyone has got any pictures it would be good to see.

Thanks
          Halfords matt black all the way!

Comment

go for the toyota metalic sunburnt orange,it will certainly get you noticed.
            it looked good on my old first gen.

www.overfab.uk

Comment

I did think about yellow but my other half didn't think much of it.

As for Halfords Matt Black............mmm.....I think I may give that one a miss.

Orange does stand out alright!

I was thinking maybe Electric blue or something, but I don't know if it would look tacky and cheap though.

Maybe I will give it a wash and see what it looks like clean, I just want it to look different.

I can spray it myself so it's only the cost of paint and my time.

It's also got the recaro seats in it which I really don't like so it looks like I will be re-trimming a standard set of seats and putting them in it, just as well thats one of the things we do for a living.

If anyone else has pics of different colour surfs it would be good to see.

Thanks all

Comment

the first surf i ever saw was a really nice purple about 6 years ago and i have never seen that colour on a surf since.It was that nice purple some of the chavs have their corsa sprayed but it looked so nice on the surf
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  the first surf i ever saw was a really nice purple about 6 years ago and i have never seen that colour on a surf since.It was that nice purple some of the chavs have their corsa sprayed but it looked so nice on the surf
                  I was at an auction and I saw a Rover (Never again) and I thought what a really nice blue so I bought it............................ .......it was Bl**dy Purple but I didn't know this until I saw the V5, all my mates called it a poofters car.

I really doesn't help being colour blind.

I have to say though it was a really nice colour so I may think about that one so long as people don't say "here comes the poofters truck" Ha ha

Comment

If i could of got the surf i saw at the time then i would of been happy with it.The thing is as long as your happy and like the colour its sprayed then it don't matter what anyone else thinks.
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      If i could of got the surf i saw at the time then i would of been happy with it.The thing is as long as your happy and like the colour its sprayed then it don't matter what anyone else thinks.
                      Yeah it's just nice to know what other people think
                      Last edited by Justbrad; 18 April 2010, 20:08.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Mine should look like this by now, but people keep wanting V8s fitted, so it won't get done now 'till August!

Yeah sorry about the workload...
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Love it. Even though the picture is giving me a headache! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Justbrad View Post
                              looks like I will be re-trimming a standard set of seats and putting them in it, just as well thats one of the things we do for a living.
                              Any thoughts on what it might cost to repair or partially retrim a black leather seat which has split on a seam about 5" long?
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X