veg oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veg oil

ive been reading thru all the info on the forum and other sources abt using veg oil and i have decided to give it a try, however i have one question...

Do i put the veg oil in the tank first, and then top up with the req amount of diesel to get the correct ratio?

Do i put diesel in first then veg oil?

Or...

Is it best to premix in in a container, then add the mixed mixture to the tank??

Cheers
    Keep On Truckin!

Originally posted by yogigypsy View Post
    ive been reading thru all the info on the forum and other sources abt using veg oil and i have decided to give it a try, however i have one question...

Do i put the veg oil in the tank first, and then top up with the req amount of diesel to get the correct ratio?
    Do i put diesel in first then veg oil?

Or...

Is it best to premix in in a container, then add the mixed mixture to the tank??

Cheers
    Either way will work fine, Putting the veg in 1st will help with the mixing process though.

Personally i have used both methods dependant upon how much fuel i have left in the tank.

I now carry a 20 litre container when off orading with a 50/50 mix in it for emergency top ups

Comment

Same here Andy ....20 litre container for emergency top ups ...

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
        Same here Andy ....20 litre container for emergency top ups ...

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
        i just carry 5ft of hose pipe and mints as you never go off road on your own and others always have extra.
        you will get used to the taste veg/dino mix.
        Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, if not this weekend then next weekend I wll give it a go. But keeping a container in the truck for emergency top-ups sounds like a really good idea.

Thanks again.

Will post and let you know the results.
          Keep On Truckin!

Comment

Just remember the colder the weather the more diesel, i dont do it much now as the price of veg oil etc etc, but if it was chilly i used 60% derv to 40% veg and added a lt or two of white spirit or unleaded, ideally mix it before but it'll be ok to just shove it right in, sloshing about in there will soon mix it, also now and again i'd add a lt of trans fluid, it helps clean the system through as you go,
            summer hot weather you can run nearly all veg but watch out for the injector pump seals, either add some of the above to thin it or run it through a pre heater,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
            X