Can of worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can of worms

Finally got round to fitting my wheel spacers today, took the tension off the wheel nuts, raised her up and removed them, then thought why hasn't the wheel moved. After 20 mins of tapping round and round the back of the wheel the answer was lots of corrosion between the wheel and the hub, all four wheels were the same.
    Lots of rubbing down and some copper slip later I managed to fit all four, a job which should have taken about half an hour to do turned into about 2 and a half .
    Wasn't expecting it to rub on the arches on full lock either but they do, may have to do the two lifts earlier than I planned, the front springs look somewhat tired to say the least, on the plus side at least I've got plenty of brake pad wear left .
    Neal

what size tyres you trying to fit? or rather "have fitted"?
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

i have just got in from doing a 5 minute jobbie aswell. undo wheel nuts, jack up the vehicle, then kick sh1t out of the wheel for 10mins. all 4 the same, as you have copius amounts of copperslip then fit new wheels and tyres. oh i need front brake linnings my list grows ever longer

anyone know what the going rate for 5 surf alloys with nearly new nexen A/Ts
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
        i have gone for 30/9.5/15 narrow section kl71's

Comment

Their standard wheels and tyres, was just fitting the spacers. 265/70/16's.
          Neal

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
            i have just got in from doing a 5 minute jobbie aswell. undo wheel nuts, jack up the vehicle, then kick sh1t out of the wheel for 10mins. all 4 the same, as you have copius amounts of copperslip then fit new wheels and tyres. oh i need front brake linnings my list grows ever longer

anyone know what the going rate for 5 surf alloys with nearly new nexen A/Ts
            Funny how the simple tasks seem to grow into long lists.
            Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
              Their standard wheels and tyres, was just fitting the spacers. 265/70/16's.
              do they hit that little bit of the arch thats attached to the front bumper?
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

do they hit that little bit of the arch thats attached to the front bumper?
                Think it's the back section their catching (door side not bumper), it's not severe but you can deffinatly hear it.
                Neal

Comment

I tell a lie, it is the front, just nipped out and double checked and there's a nice clean shiny bit of black plastic there, nothing a bit of trimming wont sort but it's only on the drivers side so will get the measuring stick out tomorrow and see if the passenger side sits higher than the drivers.
                  Neal

Comment

I tell a lie, it is the front, just nipped out and double checked and there's a nice clean shiny bit of black plastic there, nothing a bit of trimming wont sort but it's only on the drivers side so will get the measuring stick out tomorrow and see if the passenger side sits higher than the drivers.
                    Now I know how mine went missing
                    Those little bits come off by undoing the 2 bolts from behind. Looks OK without them and you can put them back after your lift.
                    Or sell one to me, as I'm after one.
                    Just kidding.
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Now I know how mine went missing
                      Those little bits come off by undoing the 2 bolts from behind. Looks OK without them and you can put them back after your lift.
                      Or sell one to me, as I'm after one.
                      Just kidding.
                      Probably take me another two hours just to get them off .
                      Neal

Comment

It is a bit fiddly.
                        Just go in behind the arch protector from in front of the wheel, with a ratchet spanner
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Funny how the simple tasks seem to grow into long lists.
                          not as long a list until you have owned a lame rover, they need fixing even when they are not being used.
                          every time i go to my discovery i discover another prob, now i know were the name came from. should have been called a lame rover fixeruppery

Comment

It is a bit fiddly.
                            Just go in behind the arch protector from in front of the wheel, with a ratchet spanner
                            cheers for that, will take a look in the morning, managed to get it out for a short run but by the time I got back it was dark so need to double check the wheel nuts anyway.
                            Neal

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                              not as long a list until you have owned a lame rover, they need fixing even when they are not being used.
                              every time i go to my discovery i discover another prob, now i know were the name came from. should have been called a lame rover fixeruppery
                              It's a bit ironic but I quite like finding bits and pieces that need sorting on this truck, it's the only vehicle I've had that I've "wanted" to work on, not sure I'd have the same passion with many other vehicles (other than my bike).
                              "lame rover fixeruppery"
                              Neal

Comment

Working...
                              X