Haggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haggling

Is it really true that brits can't haggle?

I've been flogging alot of shite lately, stuff i considered shite and knew i wouldnt get much for unless i got lucky. I put alot of stuff in the ad papers as "offers". problem is no one makes an offer, they just ask "how much you want for it", and alot of the time when i name my price (slightly higher than i'd pay for it myself to allow for haggling down) they've just said "no that too much" and buggered off!!

all the cars/engines/music gear i've bough second hand i've haggled for unless the price was good to start with, is it just not the done thing these days???

what does everyone else do for selling stuff? (old engines, gearboxes, other assorted car parts)

I have had people ask for me to lower the price on some parts which i have been happy to do and i also haggle the price on trucks aswell that i buy in
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I think sites like e-bay have unwittingly killed haggling.
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

i have bought trucks from ebay with buy it nows and offered below the B.I.N price and had it accepted.I suppose if you got the nerve to ask and aren't bothered about being told no then go for it,but i know ewhat you mean tho about ebay
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

tiz all about cheek
          if ya cheeky ya can get things at lower prices
          i have more cheek than an elephants arse
          pays off too
          Last edited by JUDWAK; 12 April 2010, 23:37.
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

You have never sold me anything have you.

Someone on here coined the term "a yoshie bid".

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...hie#post626698

smiffy then defined it on another forum as "making an offer and causing offence at the same time"

Last edited by yoshie; 12 April 2010, 23:25.
            Brian

Comment

Guilty as charged !

Whenever we go into any garage or tool station it is now customary to make a 'Yoshie Bid' surprisingly we have had far less abuse than anticipated and slightly better discounts agreed !

sorry yoshie no offence intended, but your reputation goes before you !
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

haha excellent!! i wouldn't mind the odd "yoshie bid" at least its an offer!! you can always tell them where to poke it!!

incidentally, anyone want a Mashall 4x12 speaker cab, mine just failed to sell on eblag, open to insulting offers........

spamspam spam oh wonderful spam!

Comment

Working...
                X