Latest addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest addition

To the Price clans 4x4's, son in laws Ford Ranger (at least he took the advice against an L200

my sons defender 90

and my old faithfull
    Last edited by POPEYE; 12 April 2010, 18:34.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

got to say popeye, your surf looks mint mate, out of all the pics, yours looks the best, i wish mine looked like that lol!! (the surf....!!)

Im not a fan of Landrovers or the Rangers but id rather have either one than a L200.

Hopefully Il get to see your truck at the JJJ or Avalance 2010, Il say again mate, she looks sweet.
    Keep On Truckin!

Comment

your surf is looking hot popeye

Comment

Very nice surf! Could you tell me what size tyres those BFGs are?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thanks guys, the tyres are 33x12.50x15 since replaced two with some Maxxis muders,
          both other trucks go faster than mine, been laneing in the landy and was very impressed, bit basic but it does the job, the Ranger seems very good too, for a 2.5 non intercooler it goes like $hit off a shovel, he paid 6.4K and the 90 cost simon about the same, those buggers certianly hold the money
          (and the first job is some welding, new rear crossmember, we had to grind the old hitch off,)

Comment

very nice trucks! I always thought painted (other than black) chassis looked smart! I've got a yellow chassis'd matt black landy!

landy's hold money like nothing else, though I now realise why I cant get any money off the buggers when I'm trying to sell them parts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Thanks guys, the tyres are 33x12.50x15 since replaced two with some Maxxis muders,
              both other trucks go faster than mine, been laneing in the landy and was very impressed, bit basic but it does the job, the Ranger seems very good too, for a 2.5 non intercooler it goes like $hit off a shovel, he paid 6.4K and the 90 cost simon about the same, those buggers certianly hold the money
              (and the first job is some welding, new rear crossmember, we had to grind the old hitch off,)
              Thanks that gives me some more idea on the size of those tyres. Although you have quite a lot of lift by the looks of things. Where did you find alloys that would suit your rubber? I have spent ages on google to not really found anything suitable apart from LA supertrux. If you don't mind me asking, how much suspension and body lift do you have?
              Sorry for all those questions!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                Thanks that gives me some more idea on the size of those tyres. Although you have quite a lot of lift by the looks of things. Where did you find alloys that would suit your rubber? I have spent ages on google to not really found anything suitable apart from LA supertrux. If you don't mind me asking, how much suspension and body lift do you have?
                Sorry for all those questions!
                Thats ok, thats how you find out stuff,
                it has 4" front lift, (2" body & 2" Bj spacers), the rear is about 5" (2" body and land criuser springs, they give about 3")
                even with 4" lift on the front i still had to chop some sill and bend the floor pan seam and dump the rubber mud gards, thats because i reversed the rims on those 3 part split rims, meaning the deep dish part you see used to be the inner rim, this gives em a better look and also wider track, no need for wheel spacers, only prob is it also gives em a wider arc when turning and thus more prone to fouling on the arches, with more nutral off set you wouldn't have this problem, 4" total lift would do you fine for 33" tyres,
                the rims i got off ebay about four years ago, been looking for a fifth as a matching spare ever since, the rims are Jap aftermarket and like rocking horse $hit, their "Crag Country Raceing Gear rims, and made by W works in Osaka, Japan, about all i could find out about em) seen quite a few silver center ones but only one set of reds once on a paj in havant,
                the spare i have is more common, its a 5 spoke three piece split rim (mad blade according to the tag) and i also reversed this, bit more work involved as i had to drill a new valve hole and block off the old one, dont have this prob with the Craggs, just turn the valve stem 180%,
                i've never tryed this wheel on the truck, keep meaning to so not sure it'd fit without fouling the brake caliper, so if you plan on reversing some rims check it fits before hand,
                to buy from japan would cost a fortune so unless you find some you like from a uk supplyer only thing is to watch ebay, the 5 spokes come up often as do the ones with holes round the middle, not all are genuine split rims tho so check, some just have a row of studs round the rim but they dont undo,

Comment

Thanks for that info. Looks like I'll need to fit some body lift before I can run 33's then. Choosing wheels are a nightmare! Some steels look nice but not sure if I'll like them once on the Surf. Chrome are usally expensive.
                  So far I'll be fitting LC coils and BJ & diff spacer to get around 2"~ish at the front.
                  I googled some more and the results took me back to your posts some years ago regarding wheels. So I now have some extra info and have found some sites that sell 4x4 alloys. I've just found the silverline website too which has some nice steels.
                  Thanks again.
                  Tony
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Your welcome mate, dont forget you will need the alloy top seating rings for Lc springs, otherwise they tend not to seat too well, BJ spacers and a body lift is the cheapest way of lifting enough for 33's, and you'll need to do the camber/toe-in adjustment after the bj spacers,

Comment

Thanks, I had an incling. Did you get your camber etc done in Portsmouth? I'm down there next month for a stag do (not mine!). Who do I get the alloy top rings from? Does Surfenstein make those?

Are you going to Avalanche? Do you get yours muddy at all or is it strictly show n shine
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        Thanks, I had an incling. Did you get your camber etc done in Portsmouth? I'm down there next month for a stag do (not mine!). Who do I get the alloy top rings from? Does Surfenstein make those?

Are you going to Avalanche? Do you get yours muddy at all or is it strictly show n shine
                        I didn't build it for show, but i do keep it shiny more or less, aint dont off road in it, but i am planning to go greenlaneing soon as my son and his mate sort something out, that'll be local tho up around butser hill way,
                        did the camber myself as i couldn't find anyone round here (plus i didn't look too hard) they reccon it costs between 1-2 hundred quid and then i dont trust "garages" mostly a bunch of rip off toe rags in my experience, and the bigger the outfit the bigger the con

stien was doing the rings, dunno if anyone else makes em, got mine from a member on here after fitting the springs and learning the hard way

hers the yotatec link to diy alignment, got mine near enough and it only cost me some 2x1" batten
                        http://www.yotatech.com/f128/drivewa...ite-up-163666/
                        Last edited by POPEYE; 13 April 2010, 19:05.

Comment

Working...
                        X