Steering idler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering idler

Took the truck to the garage to investigate the truck pulling. He had a drove and told me the steering idler felt like it needed looking at.
    After inspection he said I need a new idler and pitman arm / steering drop arm. The joins on them wiggle about as he showed me.
    So, If I buy these parts from roughtrax, do I also need those steering idler bushes? Or are these just for repairing the current idler / arm?

Are either of those items covered in the steering recall? I don't think my truck has had the recall done.

Regarding the truck pulling, he said get these bits done first as it's a must and we can look at the pull afterwards.

Cheers!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

The bushes are to repair your current idler arm.

Not sure about the recall, check your VIN number plate and contact your Toyota dealer to see if it's been done, instructions and details are HERE.

Thanks,

Ray.
    Last edited by lord_flashart; 12 April 2010, 20:00.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Cheers Ray
      I will just buy the idler and arm then!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

these parts aren't anything to do with the recall.Its only the steering rod thats changed for the recall
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I wasnt sure. I looked before on my old surf before Toyota took it and I don't remember spotting the bit.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

It's worth checking anyway, I updated my last post with the info.

Thanks,

Ray.
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
            X