Servicing intervals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing intervals

cambelt was changed at 49500 miles. At 60,000 miles the vehicle had a full service but I can't find the receipt. The last service was at 72,000 miles when the normal 6000 mile service was done. Oil, Air & fuel filters were changed plus 6.6 litres of oil.
    Money then became rather tight due to redundacy and the vehicle is now at 84000 miles and in need of a full service. The only thing done was an engine oil & filter change about 79,000 miles to save money.
    I am in a position to get a full service done. Should I opt for the transmission fluid to be changed as I do not know if this has happened since I bought the vehicle in 2005 at 49500 miles. There are no issues with the transmission but I don't kno when net I will be able to afford at full blown service. At what sort of mileage should glow plus be changed?

Think you will find oil is every 3000 miles, filter every other oil change. Personally I change the filter every time
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Had a full blown service done except for glow plugs and she is running really well. In additon front brakes were changed and a rear brake cylinder replaced due to leaking. I supplied the service kit, oil and transmission fluid. They supplied the rest but the bill was still £280. So with kit supplied nearly £400. Some how I get the feeling I have been ripped off.

Comment

I think Tony charges £250 for a big service ...

Then again it'd cost you an arm and a leg to get over to Blazingsmoke !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
        X