Tyres (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres (again)

I got a quote for the 31" x 12.5" BFG tyre for 15" rim earlier. The shop wants arounf £190 per tyre. So, Dont think I'll be getting those then.
    Considering I'll be doing a 3" lift, Would it be worth going for the 33" as they are cheaper / easier to get hold of?

Ideally, I didnt want to gear up the truck. The only other option is going for the 10.5" wide tyres which is what I have already.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    I got a quote for the 31" x 12.5" BFG tyre for 15" rim earlier. The shop wants arounf £190 per tyre. So, Dont think I'll be getting those then.
    Considering I'll be doing a 3" lift, Would it be worth going for the 33" as they are cheaper / easier to get hold of?

Ideally, I didnt want to gear up the truck. The only other option is going for the 10.5" wide tyres which is what I have already.
    I've stayed with the 31x10.5x15 on mine & fitted spacers. Looks the bizz!
    If you put larger diameter tyres on, won't you lose some of the 3" lift effect?

Comment

Your problem is the width, 31x10.5s are easy to find and then again 33x12.5s but most companies either don't make or make very few 31x12.5 therefore pushing the price up.

I fitted Pajero wheels which has widened the wheels nicely without needing spacers. 33x12.5s are next when the 31s are worn out.

In most cases you are OK without re-gearing. I spent ages annoying people about it on the forum and it turns out most people don't re-gear if they aren't doing loads of off roading. What's your current ratio?

Thanks,

Ray.
      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

What about 32 x 11.5 as a compromise ? Should fit well with a 3" lift .

Comment

I have the spacers fitted already. This brings the rubber out to be in line with the arches.
          The reason I wanted the 31x12.5 is that there is another surf around here with a LA Supertrux lift kit and he has those BFG tyres. They look the nuts. The truck sits very nice. Although they're fitted to the standard Surf rims (7" wide I think).

I think I need to see someone with 33" tyres to help me make my mind up. Can anyone post pics of your truck with 33"'s?

I don't go on road or off road that much. I use the truck usually friday night and saturday. The other days it's parked up, unless we go out off road.
          I don't want to spend a lot of money then regret it in the long run :/

Regarding a 3" lift and 33" tyres - The 33" 's would make the truck sit around an inch higher, but they would appear to take an inch out of the distance between the rubber and the arch. I thought about this earlier
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
            What about 32 x 11.5 as a compromise ? Should fit well with a 3" lift .
            I'll have to get a price. This could be the way forward.
            Cheers
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              I think I need to see someone with 33" tyres to help me make my mind up. Can anyone post pics of your truck with 33"'s?
              Here you go 33's with a 4" lift

Comment

Never seen a 31x12.5x15 listed! I tried to get a price for 32x11.5x15 and that was had enough! Often you may find a manufacurer produces a tyre but it may not be supplied in the UK. If it is you may have to pay a silly price!!!

Cheers, Nick
                "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
                  Never seen a 31x12.5x15 listed! I tried to get a price for 32x11.5x15 and that was had enough! Often you may find a manufacurer produces a tyre but it may not be supplied in the UK. If it is you may have to pay a silly price!!!

Cheers, Nick
                  go to www.camskils.co.uk but it is the end April or the may start before they are getting a container load in the price that i got was for komko's

33x12.5x15 £414.75 for 5

31x12.5x15 £369.75 for 5

and the tyre ref is kl71mt for the two of them
                  S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

32" Hancocks at Camskill.

Comment

Did you mean kumo's ?
                      Thanks for the link!
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa View Post
                        go to www.camskils.co.uk but it is the end April or the may start before they are getting a container load in the price that i got was for komko's

33x12.5x15 £414.75 for 5

31x12.5x15 £369.75 for 5

and the tyre ref is kl71mt for the two of them
                        Where are the 31x12.5x15 tyres? Maybe I can't see for looking!!

Cheers, Nick
                        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
                        X