Picking up my new truck tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up my new truck tomorrow!

A few months ago I sold my lovely 4Runner (white with black bonnet) to a chap in the French Alps. I really missed my truck, but due to a change in circumstances, it had to go. Happily, the circumstances are now back to how they were (i'm single again), so i'm allowed to have fun things again.
    So tomoz i will be collecting my 2.7 Petrol Gen 3 from the south coast and driving it all the way back to Chester and its new home. Obviously pictures to follow once i have got it.
    Now to look out for the next North Wales run out so that i can get it nice and dirty!

is it that nice one that was on ebay.If so that was a nice truck
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Excellent!

Compared to a diesel 4Runner, the petrol 3rd gen is luxurious to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        is it that nice one that was on ebay.If so that was a nice truck
        If you mean thew Grey Gen 3 that was down on the south coast, with the big suspension/body lift, then yes, thats the one!

Comment

Well, i picked my new truck up today and have just driven it the 260+ miles back to my place with no drama. It used a full tank of petrol, which i was king of expecting. I have no idea how fast i was going, as the clocks are all in km, but worse still, because of the tyres, it is all to pot anyway. I will have to go out for a run with a passenger with SatNav to work out roughly what speed is what in MPH. I also can't work out any realistic MPG, as i have no way of properly reading the odometer.

1st impressions. Well, it is MUCH BIGGER than i thought it would be. I have no idea it was running on 35's. It has a blowing exhaust from the front somewhere, after the manifolds, and there is a bit of movemenmt which i am not to happy about. The massive tyres rub against the arch extensions, so these will need looking at and possibly cutting back somehow. There are lots of rattles in the cabin which i want to investigate and try to put right, and the drivers seat is a bit of a sorry state and will need attention.

All in all, if i had paid more for it, i would have been upset, but overall, considering what i paid, i am pretty pleased with it.

Just need to start putting it right now.
          (pictures to follow)

Comment

Originally posted by monsterz4 View Post
            Well, i picked my new truck up today and have just driven it the 260+ miles back to my place with no drama. It used a full tank of petrol, which i was king of expecting. I have no idea how fast i was going, as the clocks are all in km, but worse still, because of the tyres, it is all to pot anyway. I will have to go out for a run with a passenger with SatNav to work out roughly what speed is what in MPH. I also can't work out any realistic MPG, as i have no way of properly reading the odometer.

1st impressions. Well, it is MUCH BIGGER than i thought it would be. I have no idea it was running on 35's. It has a blowing exhaust from the front somewhere, after the manifolds, and there is a bit of movemenmt which i am not to happy about. The massive tyres rub against the arch extensions, so these will need looking at and possibly cutting back somehow. There are lots of rattles in the cabin which i want to investigate and try to put right, and the drivers seat is a bit of a sorry state and will need attention.

All in all, if i had paid more for it, i would have been upset, but overall, considering what i paid, i am pretty pleased with it.

Just need to start putting it right now.
            (pictures to follow)
            excellent, nothing serious then, when you get it sorted and i get my new ride sorted this end, we will have to get out with Bibs,Nik,Calos and so and hit some north wales lanes
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Sounds like a plan John I'm gaggin for some mud and some friendly banter.

My confidence keeps growning in my truck, espescialy after the last run with Nik neither of us thought it would get up that rocky road but up it went, without a coff or murmer.

peace
              cal
              Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
                Sounds like a plan John I'm gaggin for some mud and some friendly banter.

My confidence keeps growning in my truck, espescialy after the last run with Nik neither of us thought it would get up that rocky road but up it went, without a coff or murmer.

peace
                cal
                cann't wait to try it out and compare it to the old rust bucket
                it was so nice to be able to undo bolts without the help of penertrating oil, pair of stilsons and lots of swearing and cut knuckels

Comment

I would be up for a run out soon. I'm spending tomoz detailing the truck and going over it to see what faults i can find etc. I'm not too happy at some of the noises coming from the back end (oooh-eerr). Not happy with the lift job either. Will posting for some advice soon.
                  Mark

Comment

Originally posted by monsterz4 View Post
                    I would be up for a run out soon. I'm spending tomoz detailing the truck and going over it to see what faults i can find etc. I'm not too happy at some of the noises coming from the back end (oooh-eerr). Not happy with the lift job either. Will posting for some advice soon.
                    Mark
                    is your spare underslung or rear door mounted ?

Comment

No spare, thats one of the things on my 'to do' list. It will be boot mounted though, not underslung.
                      I need to find an alloy and 35x12.5x50 to sling on the back in case of emergency.

Comment

panhard rod bushes or exhaust maybe

Comment

Working...
                        X