X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkel fun

Just fitted a snorkel to my 2nd gen

what fun getting the wing off...

If you ever do this , you need to remove the front passenger side light, theres a bolt behind it, also behind the front bumper as it curves around just in front of passenger front wheel, if you can drop the bumper 2-3 cm ..theres a bolt.

and two in the door one top (open door its visible) one bottom, at the bottom of the door you will see a 10mm nut this lets the mud flap drop off (make sure screws in the wheel arch are off)
    with the flap off you will see the bolt....

With my mechanical incompetence I am fully expecting the snorkel or entire wing to rip off at speed as I'm driving...
    Last edited by Vultch; 9 April 2010, 23:12.

Back in the day Baby

if it does then you MUST take pictures and post them up!

What snorkel did you get and where from or is it one of those special 'Ghetto' snorkels I'm seeing more and more of?!!
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

This is the fun bit...off Ebay its a proper snorkel but with no instructions or template for drilling or cutting holes..it was in a warehouse lying around

I offered it up, drilled the big hole (air intake) then ...to see where I should drill the smaller holes for bolts..fitted bolts.. coated tops of bolts with shoe polish and offered the lot up to the wing...where the bolt heads touched the wing they left small marks...thats where I drilled and it worked..really well

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Those wings are a sod, did mine when i had the front stripped down which makes the wings much easier to get at, good find on the snorkel tho,
        got to help my son fit one to his defender soon but apparantly they are dead easy
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

look familiar?
          Attached Files
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
            look familiar?

o yer
            i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Very...what does that little metal black box do mounted at the top of the wing... its empty with a drain hole...what is it ??

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                Very...what does that little metal black box do mounted at the top of the wing... its empty with a drain hole...what is it ??
                it catches water in the intake air, so it dosent get into the filter and therefore engine
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

i got one of those ebay clearance safari snorkels, its scary having to chop the surf appart with no instructions

Comment

Link please, or are they all sold?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

item number: 170469069578

took about a week to arrive, i can also give you a list of parts i used to connect it to my 2.4 airbox if you want
                      Last edited by Mr Sqig; 8 April 2010, 22:53.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                        it catches water in the intake air, so it dosent get into the filter and therefore engine
                        Ah, so glasshopper. I too was wondering what it did, when I had the front end in bits. Now I know. Ta.

Comment

I got mine of eBay over a year ago..its been lying around the house so yesterday I decided to fit it...think I paid £100.00
                          plus shipping

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Mr

why did you remove the wing to fit it?
                            thats just making extra work for one i thinks
                            Enjoying Life after Cancer
                            Pops

Comment

Believe me the plan was to fit it with the wing attached to Surf, but theres not much room in the wheel arch area and the bolts to hold it on go in from that direction...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                              X