little help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little help please

Hi,I have just noticed the two inside drive belts are near shredded! I have replacements but can't figure out how to get them off and on as I don't see a belt tensioner like the fanbelt has All help appreciated,ta

Hi there.
    As no-one else has responded, I thought I'd say hi.

As for the problem, I can't seem to find any pics or write-ups on here for you, but I changed mine ( and I'm no mechanic ). Just need to look at everything and work it out. There is a tensioner there, but I can't for the life of me remember where/how.....

If I get a chance, I'll get out there and take some pics to put on here, and maybe attempt a write-up for all us noobs.

It's an easy job though, just take your time.........
    Mark

If it ain't sunk.....it ain't junk.

Comment

If you are on about the two belts that go around the alternator they are tensioned via the adjuster on the front of the alternator.

If you look closely at the top of the alternator near the ront you will find a long threaded bolt. You will need to slacken of the bolts that hold the Alt in place before you can adjust it.

Comment

Ok thanks lads,didnt see an adjuster at the alternator,Surf manual tells ye how to get the front fan one off and doesn't even mention the inside two!cheers

Comment

I am close to where you live, if you want to run out at the weekend I will show you how to swap them.
          Brian

Comment

Thanks for the offer Yoshie,I'll get another look at it tomorrow and see if I can manage it! I'll save your expertise for something more substantial like spring replacement!!

Comment

Sorry missed this one....this is the link that you want http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/drivebelts.htm dead easy to do just re tensioning the PS pump had a few swear wonds uttered

Rob
              The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Perfect! That's just what I was hoping for...... Some professionals to put us noobs on the right track....

Thanks all.

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                Sorry missed this one....this is the link that you want http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/drivebelts.htm dead easy to do just re tensioning the PS pump had a few swear wonds uttered

Rob
                ...and thanks wiggy, I knew I'd seen it somewhere!!
                Mark

Comment

Right that link is for a 2nd gen but thanks anyway,I have released the top two bolts on the alternator and the tensioner is totally slack but the alt wont budge so i cant get the belts off,any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
                    Right that link is for a 2nd gen but thanks anyway,I have released the top two bolts on the alternator and the tensioner is totally slack but the alt wont budge so i cant get the belts off,any ideas?
                    I think you have to loosen ALL the bolts on the alternator, otherwise it won't move.
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X