pressure wash and underseal lucy lux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressure wash and underseal lucy lux

just picked up a 5l can of black brushable underseal, im going to pressure wash her on sat evening after work, then spend most of sunday undersealing all the chasis etc. Got a tub of grease so all the pipes are going to get coated, also got to grease the bump stops as she makes a grinding/knocking noise when reversing on full lock on a slight incline. Hopefully i will get all done, not got a complete fask mask tho, only a pair of safety glasses so whats the betting im gona work looking like mr ###### blobby!!
    Keep On Truckin!

Heh just so happens after an oil change and re-grease this will be my next job too.

I'm gonna do it glasses and scarf maybe. Will probabley end up like a dalmation though lol

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Undersealing the next day after a pressure wash is not a good idea mate. Water will still be present and all you'll be doing is sealing it in. You're better off waiting for the warm weather (if we ever get any).

Blast the underside then give it a few days to dry out before slapping the underseal on.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        Undersealing the next day after a pressure wash is not a good idea mate. Water will still be present and all you'll be doing is sealing it in. You're better off waiting for the warm weather (if we ever get any).
        Blast the underside then give it a few days to dry out before slapping the underseal on.

Get any?

60 degrees here today!
        Going to be fine and sunny all week-end too, even oop north where it's all black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Get any?

60 degrees here today!
          Going to be fine and sunny all week-end too, even oop north where it's all black and white.
          Oop north is actually south of me! The only thing 'black and white' up here is the Newcastle home strip.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Is it ok to underseal over bits of light surface rust or does it have to be spotless before applying?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post

never thught of that, think il just go over every where with a wire brush first, prob take longer, but the final result will be better.

thanks scorpion
              Keep On Truckin!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
                Is it ok to underseal over bits of light surface rust or does it have to be spotless before applying?
                just wire brush it first mate, but the whole idea behind undersealing is to cover the rust, i wouldnt say it has to be spotless no, but no flakey bits or clumps of mud etc etc
                Keep On Truckin!

Comment

Originally posted by yogigypsy View Post
                  just wire brush it first mate, but the whole idea behind undersealing is to cover the rust, i wouldnt say it has to be spotless no, but no flakey bits or clumps of mud etc etc
                  Might be an idea to paint a wee bit of Kurust over any rusty patches...

http://www.hammerite.co.uk/products/...ug_kurust.html

Comment

Working...
                  X