WooooHooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WooooHooo

I pick my surf up on saturday morning, 1992, 2.4 auto, 80,000 miles, comes with 2" body lift, 2" suspension lift and running on new 33" tyres, has all reciepts for head replacement, new belts, water pump and timing belt.
    Ive bought some expensive vehicles over the years but ive never been so enthusiastic about a car that cost less than a grand, im genuinely really looking forward to getting it.
    Im picking it up from bristol so its a fair treck back, any tips on motorway driving in one of these would be great.
    My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

A 2.4 on 33's...I had one of those it was an excellent machine. Keep it about 100 kmh. That way you wo t drink to much fuel...congrats and enjoy.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by james-r View Post
      I pick my surf up on saturday morning, 1992, 2.4 auto, 80,000 miles, comes with 2" body lift, 2" suspension lift and running on new 33" tyres, has all reciepts for head replacement, new belts, water pump and timing belt.
      Ive bought some expensive vehicles over the years but ive never been so enthusiastic about a car that cost less than a grand, im genuinely really looking forward to getting it.
      Im picking it up from bristol so its a fair treck back, any tips on motorway driving in one of these would be great.

Keep to the limit, 2.4s don't like 80mph plus.

Oh and congrats.

Comment

i got good milage out of GWH's old 2.4 when i bought it and i was surprised how well it went on 33's.I drove about 65-70mph and you wouldn't know it was on 33's.Just let the gears go up steady and don't push the truck hard and it will be fine
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

pics will be posted over the weekend too
          My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

Comment

i drove mine back from near southampton to leicester on the motorways/A roads and i was cruisin at abt 65mph, mine runs on 35s with a 4 inch body lift and 2 inch spring lift.

Just let the truck do the thinking and dont push it to hard, (try not to gt annoyed with everyone overtaking you!! And enjoy the ride, i can bet your bottom dollar your smile will last the whole way home and beyond!?/
            Keep On Truckin!

Comment

Push the ECT button in whenever you get any hilly bits.... Check the coolant and oil levels before you leave. Good idea to check tyre pressures too. Maybe carry 5L of water in case...

Comment

You Lucky ### ! I'm not jealous really ??? Well done by the way !
                Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                X