Got 1990 2.4 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 1990 2.4 today

Well gone and done it,took delivery today. So most of my free time over the next few weeks will be servicing, checking etc. She is in general good nick and has been looked after,but needs a bit of tlc,a good clean to start with.Gonna get the rad repaired [ tiny leak] ,other than that ,no other problems. Green colour,96k miles, 12 months tax, mot untill next Feb, been well maintained, 4 new AT grabbers,plus head done and replaced clutch, Other work routinely carried out as necessary. She is not perfect ,but then again she is 20 years old. Price was good. at least i thought so,lol.What can i say....im chuffed.

great feeling is it not.

going thru the same here and lovin it
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Gratz mate, every spanner turn is a joy on a Surf, it really is. (and you don't need that many spanners either lol )

Post some pics please!

peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

It's been 'well looked after' but needs tlc, radiator repair and a clean.????
        'Well maintained' but needs a service????

Did you get proof of the head being changed?

Comment

well done mate 1990 a good year for surfs,hope u enjoy every minute

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            And being changed with a good one.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              It's been 'well looked after' but needs tlc, radiator repair and a clean.????
              'Well maintained' but needs a service????

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              And being changed with a good one.
              Too Late,and not at all helpful, hes already bought it.

Bogus
              Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                Too Late,and not at all helpful, hes already bought it.

Bogus

It's helpful to anyone else wanting to buy a Surf with their heart instead of their head.

If it turns out to be a very good truck after a 'wash', then thats due to luck rather than judgement, if it's nothing but a money pit then what was the point of all his previous posts/threads?

Comment

Welcome to the crazy world of surfers!!

I know exactly how you feel mate, I got my 1991 surf last week and shes everything i had hoped for.

Mine needs a few bits doing to her but like you said there 20years old!!

Lets see some pictures mate!

Bring her along to avalanche t010, also there is a meet on r2 to 14th of june, check the forum cuz i cant remeber the name of it!!
                  Keep On Truckin!

Comment

tiz cool init
                    my surfs still got its gen head on from being built 1993
                    the heads are not all bad my heads worst than the surfs

what do ya think were driving here land rovers?
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Thanks for your replies . In answer to a couple of questions..... The rad does weep coolant slightly ,but i am removing it , and the guy who sold it to me is going to solder it. By by the way he is a good mechanic,honest guv, he has a good reputation. He removed the head 5 years ago to replace a damaged bolt. He insists it was already a replacement and refitted with new bolts etc. It has driven to Scotland and back with no problem. As far as servicing,i always change oils and fluids. Infact i check everthing regardless of what the previous owner states.

Comment

just enjoy the truck mate, all cars go wrong,if u got a good deal and your happy , then thats what its all about, i had a 3litre one, was told there the best to have !!(on this site) was told to spend around 2k for good one, came with a pile of bills been spent on it reciept for new head, survice history, you name it the last owner spent it, i dont know but i carried on from the first week of owning it repairs repairs!! constant that was a 1995 model,i now have a 1990 2 door the dreaded 2.4 with no record of the head ever being changed in 4 years ive changed a tyre!!!! thats it.
                        bills, service history,proof of this and that, it means sod all
                        in my opinion its luck "simples"

Comment

oh by the way the 3ltre cost me £2,200 on the road and another 1000 keeping it there!
                          the 2.4 1990 cost me 500 plus a mobile phone!! 4 years on its still driving me around no problems and i have no previous bills or history, i took a chance for £500 a phone and a promise its good!!

Comment

Working...
                          X