Ebay idiots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay idiots!

Twice in a week it would appear i have been let down by 'Ebay' idiots who are on there to do nothing more than #### people off!
    I sold my MG ZT V6 last week on Ebay, but have had a real tough time getting any kind of commitment or communication from the chap or chap'ess who bought it, let alone any kind of actual money!
    Tonight i have been highest bidder on a Gen 3 2.7 petrol, at a very reasonable (cheap) price, and guess what, the seller seems to not want to speak to me! The car has apparently been for sale a few times but at a high price, so second time round there is no reserve, so i have won, but i bet i don't end up with the wheels on my driveway.
    These people really #### me right off. No money has been exchanged yet, but if you have no intention of buying, or selling, get off there and leave the site alone, for people who do know what they're doing!!!

Sorry, Rant over. It may all come good tomoz and i will be a happy Easter Bunny, but i seem to doubt that........
    Last edited by monsterz4; 6 April 2010, 17:40.

I had loads of hassle selling cars on fleabay last year. Apparently if you alter your account so that you only accept bids from people with credit cards registered to their fleabay account you get mucked around a whole load less, which seemed to ring true to me when I did that.

Alas, it won't make any difference to sellers who muck you around but given how anti-seller fleabay seems to be these days it's a wonder anyone bothers (apart from their near-monopoly of the marketplace)

Comment

I had the same - sold my old car a year or two ago, and the winner seemed to be one of these people who measure their manhood in how many enemies they can make. Since he was a young 'un (only in his 30s) his dad insisted I went through him, and let me know that he knew plenty of old style 'friends' (paramilitaries) who happened to live on my street. So I gave up chasing, relisted and put in obvious letters that I would remove any bids from folk without 10+ feedback, that the buy it now price was not negotiable and otherwise the auction would run, and that if you wanted to buy it for the buy it now price I'd need cash in hand to remove the auction.

Next time round a nice gent turned up with his son, put £200 cash on my dining table to remove the auction, then came back the next day to pick it up, at the buy it now price.
      Andy
      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
        I had the same - sold my old car a year or two ago, and the winner seemed to be one of these people who measure their manhood in how many enemies they can make. Since he was a young 'un (only in his 30s) his dad insisted I went through him, and let me know that he knew plenty of old style 'friends' (paramilitaries) who happened to live on my street. So I gave up chasing, relisted and put in obvious letters that I would remove any bids from folk without 10+ feedback, that the buy it now price was not negotiable and otherwise the auction would run, and that if you wanted to buy it for the buy it now price I'd need cash in hand to remove the auction.

Next time round a nice gent turned up with his son, put £200 cash on my dining table to remove the auction, then came back the next day to pick it up, at the buy it now price.
        Lucky you!
        I'm annoyed about the car i am trying to sell, as i hate driving it, don't like it and want shot of it.
        The Surf i won last night would have really cheered me up, as i miss my old 4Runner badly. At the price i got it for, it is a complete bargain and there hasn't been the bidding frenzy the seller wanted, so it would appear he has just decided to ignore the fact that by the rules of ebay, i won it, and is failing to get back in touch with me.
        Annoyed doesn't come close to it. If it comes to nothing, i will post his details on here so that others can be aware of him too.

Comment

Monsterz4, while I have every sympathy that this guy has not got in touch, you should bear in mind that it is easter weekend and he could be away.

Comment

Originally posted by brian Patrick View Post
            Monsterz4, while I have every sympathy that this guy has not got in touch, you should bear in mind that it is easter weekend and he could be away.
            tiz true maybe ebay is not the first thing on his or her mind today
            chill out and try tommorrow
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by monsterz4 View Post
              Lucky you!
              I'm annoyed about the car i am trying to sell, as i hate driving it, don't like it and want shot of it.
              I used to have a ZT V6. I rather liked it. Is the bone-shaking ride or the lavish torque-steer you don't like?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                I used to have a ZT V6. I rather liked it. Is the bone-shaking ride or the lavish torque-steer you don't like?
                The MG ZT V6 isn't a bad car, it just isn't what i want at the moment. I bought it and sold the 4Runner as i was due to marry my fiancee who has two kids, so i wanted a sensible, safe car. We have since split up, and although the MG is a good car, its just not what i want at the moment.
                I want to go back to having a big silly truck and probably a fun little two seater.
                Thats the only reason why i am selling it.

Comment

For items like cars I really don' t think ebay is the place to do business. Sure, ebay is a good site for advertising those items, but for someone to commit and pay for it there and then without actually seeing it sometimes can be risky. What we do if we see a car on ebay we're interested in is contact the seller and arrange a viewing. You can also get a rough idea what the seller expects to reach in terms of sale and money.

Generally people seem to bid or buy now just for the fun of it I think!
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                    My boss had an MG with a Ford Mustang engine from factory. Was rather quick!
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X