Clear All

nice one John..

get it fettled for a maiden voyage

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
      nice one John..

get it fettled for a maiden voyage
      Nik
      do you know anyone local that can do steel fabrication? need to sort my winch bumper out.

i can not wait to take it on a maiden voyage
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Im gonna be making one pretty soon for mine, jus flogged the cab' so I'm going to invest in a decent pipe bender an knock up something like the trail gear bumper 'here' once the winch mount is sorted, options are open for design really

Comment

Im gonna be making one pretty soon for mine, jus flogged the cab' so I'm going to invest in a decent pipe bender an knock up something like the trail gear bumper 'here' once the winch mount is sorted, options are open for design really
          cooool, hell of a hoop on the front of them.

just looking at mine this evening and thought about just a winch tray bolted to A bar and to chassis front cross member with a bit of diagonal bracing

Comment

Dont 'need' the hoop..im gonna have one tho..lol..once i've sussed the winch tray, you could just run 2 tubes laid on top of each other like the stock bumper. I've got materials to fab a template winch mount, just need the time...tiiiiiiime

Comment

Dont 'need' the hoop..im gonna have one tho..lol..once i've sussed the winch tray, you could just run 2 tubes laid on top of each other like the stock bumper. I've got materials to fab a template winch mount, just need the time...tiiiiiiime
              on the disco i have a 3 month old tubeular winch bumper but to mod the bracketry to suit the surf would need the services of someone whos good with a tape measure,steel, a grinder and a welder

Comment

ahhh..now I'm with you, we could have a gander one eve/wkend if you fancy. Alternatively my mate has jus bought that £500 disco I mentioned, he may be interested in a winch bumper.?

Comment

ahhh..now I'm with you, we could have a gander one eve/wkend if you fancy. Alternatively my mate has jus bought that £500 disco I mentioned, he may be interested in a winch bumper.?
                  sound good either way, give me a ring when you can get over

Comment

Working...
                  X