engine swap in 92 surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine swap in 92 surf

i can get access to a 06 landcruiser engine and gearbox just wondering is it possible to fit this to my jeep or has anybody every done it

It'll probably fit in your jeep, but it won't fit in your Surf.

Comment

lol @ Vince.

What engine? there are lots of LC engines.

If you have all the wiring looms and ECU, and it physically fits then most things are possible.

First thing to check is what side the front prop is, if its on the otherside to the Surf, then you can't use gearbox t/case easily, and I doubt an 06 engine will bolt up a Surf autobox.

Then its lots of fit/check/remove/adjust/fit/check/remove/....welding..wiring...swearing ... till you get it to work.

Unless you can find someone who fitted one before, then you're making it up as you go along.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        It'll probably fit in your jeep, but it won't fit in your Surf.
        why is tat
        Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        lol @ Vince.

What engine? there are lots of LC engines.

If you have all the wiring looms and ECU, and it physically fits then most things are possible.

First thing to check is what side the front prop is, if its on the otherside to the Surf, then you can't use gearbox t/case easily, and I doubt an 06 engine will bolt up a Surf autobox.

Then its lots of fit/check/remove/adjust/fit/check/remove/....welding..wiring...swearing ... till you get it to work.

Unless you can find someone who fitted one before, then you're making it up as you go along.
        its the 3 litre d4d engine i was going to fit all the newer gear engine box wiring loom etc getting rid of the auto bits in mine and converting it to manual at the same time obvisouly ill need to get a manual surf for breaking for getting the interior trim and clutch and brake petals
        reason im doing it is i find the surf very gutless pulling the trailer which is the main reason i got mine

Comment

Comparing a 2.4 surf to a D4D hilux is like comparing a horse and cart to a train. The D4D is quite torqy at around 250lb/ft from little more than tickover. Supposed to give around 35mpg too.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
          X