help again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help again

howdoo surfers.my 2.4 surf died on me on way to work last saturday.had a look under the bonnet and my belts were loose so tightened them then charged me batteries but 1 was shot so i replaced that earlier.she turns over but wont start.could it be my fuel pump or blocked fuel filter?

What belts mate? If it was the timing belt loose it may have jumped a tooth (teeth).
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

it was the belt that turns the alternater and the 1 that turns the air con pump.
      Last edited by purplebeard66; 30 March 2010, 19:49. Reason: said fuel pump instead of air con pump

Comment

Originally posted by purplebeard66 View Post
        it was the belt that turns the alternater and the 1 that turns the fuel pump.they were both slack so i assumed the batteries were not gettin charged
        hi, if its the belt that turns the fuel pump i think you have a problem, some one im sure will come along and help.

Comment

you should have two belts that drive the alternator and a/c unit from the crank and also a power steering belt that drives from the crank to the pas pump.the fuel injection pump is driven via the cam belt,if your saying that the cam belt is loose then you shouldnt even be trying to turn it over this will cause all sorts of internal engine damage.the cam belt is located behind the black plastic cam cover and is a wide toothed belt.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

do you mean the one that turns the power steering pump

Comment

belts

the belt that goes to the air con pump.sorry man head is shot.misses giving me grief and doin my head about buyin another surf

Comment

pump?????

its the pump on the top left hand side of the engine as you look from the front

Comment

think my fuel pump is buggered

just spoke to a toyata mechanic and reckons its not getting fuel,so either there is a blockage or fuel pump is buggered .can you recomend an idiot proof way to test the pump? ask the toyota man to have a look but he basicaly told me i was a cock for buying a 2.4 and not a 3ltr and he was busy for 2 weeks.tried to explain that l could not afford a 3ltr but he just laughed and drove of in his.the complete ####

Comment

its the pump on the top left hand side of the engine as you look from the front
                    thats the air con compressor

Comment

just spoke to a toyata mechanic and reckons its not getting fuel,so either there is a blockage or fuel pump is buggered .can you recomend an idiot proof way to test the pump? ask the toyota man to have a look but he basicaly told me i was a cock for buying a 2.4 and not a 3ltr and he was busy for 2 weeks.tried to explain that l could not afford a 3ltr but he just laughed and drove of in his.the complete ####
                      where abouts in south wales are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X