Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPOC and shock selection

See thread located at http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

I am trying to find some more information about shocks for my Surf. I am undecided to go for a 2" 3" or more lfit. I think 4" will be too much for what I'll be doing.

Anyway, since procomp are hard to get hold of these days, I decided to google for the desert fox replacement that roughtrax have on their website. I found the above thread.

Basically, what has been said is that the Desert Fox "standard height" shocks are actually around 3" longer in the closed AND open positions. Aparently roughtrax go on to say that the Procomp standard shocks are also about the same in comparison.

I have not measured any shocks, but I have the supposed +2" procomp ones sitting at home which I bought from Tony not so long ago. If the standard ones are longer than standard then what are the +2" shocks? How do they compare I wonder!

I think I will change my mind about a 2" lift on the read and fit LC springs instead. This will give around the 3" mark right?

Has anyone fitted coil spacers AND +2" springs? Is this too high? I'm only going to be running 31" tyres.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

God what a whiny git, he didn't order special length shocks, or say it wasn't going on modified truck, the shock supplied will and does fit a stock height Hilux, as advertised.

Customers!

The rear procomp shocks I used to get where about 1 1/2" longer than stock when extented, and about 1" longer closed, which is what I wanted cos you don't want to lose up travel on the suspension if still using 31's as they fit right insdie wheel arch nicely on the back.

The front dosn't flex for $hit, so it dosn't really matter.. lol

I think coil spacers and +2" springs will look to high for 31's, especially as the front won't be that high. LC coils are 'almost' to big for 31's to IMHO, but it works just about.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I think I will go LC coils on the back. I've done plenty of reading about the front, so will contact you at somepoint if you still want to make that diff drop spacer!

I agree he did seem a bit whiney with his comments. But, if you look at it this way, he ordered a direct replacement standard shock and he didnt really receive that. Which led me on to asking about the lengths.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
      X