Sympathy with Legocar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sympathy with Legocar

There is nothing more frustrating than the type of fault legocar has encountered. I will be purchasing my 3L surf in 2 weeks and reading this type of thread is quite worrying. I know it can happen to any car,just dont want it to happen to mine. When you are in Lego"s position what or who do you turn to for help? This forum helps ,but is there anyone out there who is the godfather of surf fault diagnosis? And would he or they be prepared to sort the problem,paid of course. Just trying to stay one step ahead of the game.

Any one make forum will come up with horror stories and put you off buying one.
    I searched the Nissan forums for my mate who has a problem with his pathfinder, ###### hell, there are people on there crying about their cars faults.
    If you are going to buy an older vehicle, be prepared to learn a bit, or be friendly with someone who knows a bit.
    I bought my Surf before coming on the forum, I looked at it, Didn't even drive it, and handed over the cash.
    It's got a few faults but all in all a good vehicle.
    You are in Wiltshire? Plenty of people around that way on here that would help you I'm sure.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

there are a few surf gods on here one dwells in basingstoke,if tony cant fix it no one can,then theres vince in wales, the linkmeister and lexus god.then theres nev the parts guru,full of usefull info to.stormforce,the secondhand parts supplier,hes always got a truck breaking.and then theres the rest of us who have had surfs for many years,so most of us know these trucks inside out.this place is a minefield of info.all you have to do is use the search button and ask your questions,sooner or later someone will come up trumps.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

And then there's the pondlife that just run interference ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Its very reassuring to get positive replies. I intend to do my bit and learn all i can . Thanks.

Comment

That's the spirit.
            someone (read most everyone) will offer a suggestion.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Haveing just been on my first greenlaneing expedition in my sons landy i find i'm warming to defenders! so my advice would buy a

surf unless you want "built in" weathering
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                Haveing just been on my first greenlaneing expedition in my sons landy
                How's your spine?

Is it poking out of the top of your head?
                Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                  How's your spine?

Is it poking out of the top of your head?
                  Can't tell for the pain in elbow from banging against window...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    Can't tell for the pain in elbow from banging against window...

Only one elbow mind, but hey it match his one warm leg.

Got to love a 90
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      There is nothing more frustrating than the type of fault legocar has encountered. I will be purchasing my 3L surf in 2 weeks and reading this type of thread is quite worrying. I know it can happen to any car,just dont want it to happen to mine. When you are in Lego"s position what or who do you turn to for help? This forum helps ,but is there anyone out there who is the godfather of surf fault diagnosis? And would he or they be prepared to sort the problem,paid of course. Just trying to stay one step ahead of the game.
                      Thanks Talisman, the sympathy is appreciated.

From what I've seen so far, this forum is definitely one of the better ones (plenty of people willing to chip in with suggestions and almost immediate responses to posts, not to mention the many experts who've been working on these cars for years)

The most frustrating thing about my current problem is that I know it'll turn out to be something simple and straightforward.....

Comment

Originally posted by legocar View Post
                        The most frustrating thing about my current problem is that I know it'll turn out to be something simple and straightforward.....
                        I have a feeling it is.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                          Any one make forum will come up with horror stories and put you off buying one.
                          Absolutely!

All cars have weaknesses. The 3.0 Surf has far less than most!

If I'd spent a few weeks reading the GT4 owners club forum before buying one, I'd have never have bought one!

To the OP, reality check - ALL cars have weaknesses, and knowing where to look for them is 'a good thing' rather than them just creeping up on you.

As regards help, this forum is THE best vehicle forum for technical expertise and freely given help and advice that I've ever been a member of. If you have faults, they can be fixed, and this is the best place to get the info to do it.

Now (as someone said to me) "stop being a girl and buy one!"
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Now (as someone said to me) "stop being a girl and buy one!"
                            But don't buy a girls' car...
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Now its boosting properly, its anything but!

It's scary enough to make me scream... like...

well, a girl.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X