Bin and gone and done it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bin and gone and done it!

Deposit paid. Pick up my 3.0ssrx on Tuesday!

Loads of things to do but I'll search the forums first.

Can wait to get to work.

Needs a good service etc and a thorough clean but other than that it seems in great condition.

Watch this space.

Rich

Congrats! Welcome to the world of Surfdom. I didn't quite realise what I was letting myself in for when I bought one (in a good way of course!) but I'm sure you'll understand once you've owned it for a while!

Comment

I think i'm getting an inklin already - my head is buzzing with potential mod ideas!

Does anyone know of a good place to get it serviced - I'm in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.

Thanks

Rich

Comment

Ok. I have got her.

1994 3.0l ssrx dark blue metallic 185k (kms)

Runs nice and smooth and all seems in good order.

Bad bits are that it needs a damn good clean to get rid of previous dog hairs etc
        the rear boot space carpet is in a very poor state under the rubber liner.
        And there is a dent to the rear above the wheel arch that looked like it could have been popped out if some clown had not tried to DIY it and put in loads of little dents.

I now plan to clean it and get it serviced and fluid changed etc (and timing belt done as I don't know if its been done)

Rich

PS in the passenger footwell the is what appears to be a flare!!

There is even a bit of a tool kit and some spare belts in the cubby holes in the back.

Comment

Hi, if you have some basic mechanical knowledge just buy the complete filter kit from Milners and do the service yourself. Oil filter, air filter and fuel filter are in the kit, get yourself a good grade diesel oil and set to it. Should take an hour at most if you're handy.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

fairly handy - just a bit rusty - used to work on my cars in my teens and early 20's - my wife isnt keen on me taking up the weekends getting oily though!

Thanks for the advice.

Rich

edit - thats me thats rusty - not the surf

Comment

Congrats Rich!

I got my SSR-X 3.0 about a month ago, same colour as yours i think, and i feckin love it to bits!! i'm used to having ridiculously expensive cars, and this was bought as a toy really, but i love more than some of the other motors!!

www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Hi n Welcome the comes as standard ...

"Cos short cuts cost more in the run"
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

hi guys, thanks for the welcome!

vida music - hows it going with yours? I just went for another run and found that the exhaust is broken - doh! the tail pipe rock on its hanger and it appears to be broken somewhere beyond where it dissapears behind the spare wheel.

some other questions as well but i'll do some searching first.

Comment

Gratz mate, and I know what you mean about the surf, had my'n since october and still grin everytime I get into it.

Taken if off road couple of times and was gobb-smacked at what it could do, cheers John and Nik for holding my trembling hand and urging me on

Not so nervous in it anymore I gotta say.

peace
                    cal
                    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_ac_uk View Post
                      hi guys, thanks for the welcome!

I just went for another run and found that the exhaust is broken - doh! the tail pipe rock on its hanger and it appears to be broken somewhere beyond where it dissapears behind the spare wheel.

Make it a side exit ..

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi an welcome Wise words Jess
                        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                          Hi an welcome Wise words Jess
                          Cost nowt or very low cost fix n no breaky offroad either, mines bin Ok 18 months

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long term"
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                            Cost nowt or very low cost fix n no breaky offroad either, mines bin Ok 18 months

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long term"
                            Mine was bought 2nd hand an never had any issues with it. Might even put it on the DC.
                            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

It is a flare, by the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X