bio diesel/veg oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bio diesel/veg oil

what is the score with bio diesel?my cousin runs his land rover on it and it costs him 85p per litre,which seems o.k but he has to by it localy in 5 gallon containers and then has the extra hassle of pouring it into a gallon jug and then putting it into his tank,also can only put a certain percetage a year in his tank.i am all for sticking it to the government and saving a few quid but is the extra hassle worth it?would i have to change the seals on my fuel pump on a 1993 2.4 auto?is it actually worth it?do you lose power?what about a percentage of veg oil?
    Last edited by purplebeard66; 24 March 2010, 00:40.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15893

Comment

cheers bud.think i will stick to regular diesel.surf on

Comment

I ran my 2.4 on (new) veg oil for a while, the only reason I stopped was I hated the smell of the exhaust fumes.

Comment

ran mine on 100% veggie till the price went up ...

Comment

Been running my surf on 50/50 veg oil/diesel mix for the last 2 months & i have no problems.

Comment

Ran mine for probably about 3 or 4 years on various ratios of new and waste oil of up to about 75% in summer. Top seal on fuel pump went not long after I started using it, but no problems since then.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

See my Avitar n title... (at less than 10p a litre it's worth a read)
                There's plenty on here worth reading if ya can be bothered

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Ran mine for probably about 3 or 4 years on various ratios of new and waste oil of up to about 75% in summer. Top seal on fuel pump went not long after I started using it, but no problems since then.
                  Do the seals go on the 3 liters as well? I didn't realise that.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

A bit more reading here ....
                    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55767

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long term"
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                    X