were all 2nd gen 2.4t heads faulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were all 2nd gen 2.4t heads faulty?

looking to buy 89 2.4td 2nd gen surf, ie smooth back end. According to history these were introduced in middle 89. I heard that engines between 91-92 were recalled due to the faulty batch of heads. Due you think this effects mine?
    Last edited by tomtank; 14 June 2004, 01:52. Reason: wrong dates

Originally posted by tomtank
    looking to buy 89 2.4td 2nd gen surf, ie smooth back end. According to history these were introduced in middle 89. I heard that engines between 91-92 were recalled due to the faulty batch of heads. Due you think this effects mine?
    Maybe, maybe not. Our '89 has a busted head, but we knew that when we bought it. There are people on here with early ones who have had problems, and people with later ones who havent. It really all depends what has happened to your truck in the past as the heads generally crack or warp when the truck has overheated.
    If you like this truck make sure you have a warranty that wll cover the head if it does go, and get it thoroughly checked out first, then forget about it and enjoy the drive. (After all - black is the best colour!!!)
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tomtank
      Recently bought a 2 door 2nd Gen (1990) on the south coast and drove it to Aberdeen overnight in 1 hit (job relocation) ..No problems with overheating at all. Have taken the precaution of replacing the Rad. coolant and oil/filter changing straight away. Heard that replacing the thermostat is also recommended.

Can only say I've had no problems with mine to date
      ------------------------------------
      Look out! Ee

Comment

Working...
      X