an extra 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an extra 2"

thanks to oneintheeye for the free rear shocks and the help doing my suspension lift
    i now have 2" body and 2" suspension and its looking good

now just to do the matt black respray, hopefully today
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Thats a nice height, Im trying to decide if I prefer with or without bumpers. It looks good either way tbh. Have similar plans for mine, its just getting round to it.

Comment

Looking good there, my wife is telling me not get any more ideas..

But I am!

peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Now it needs some bigger tyres, those look sort of "lost" under there
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Now it needs some bigger tyres, those look sort of "lost" under there
          Agreed but it's obviously a decent setup so far.

Thanks,

Ray.
          I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

is that 2" body and 2" suspention spacers?
            did you have to change anything under the car extend everything or did the kits just fit and cause no problems, I want to do the same but worried about the amount of work dont want to take the car off the road longer then a day, and dont want to spend more then 200 quid doing it
            3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

.:one::.
            Big Sound System (100 Infinity 6x9's Boxed :: 2 JBL GTO 14" 255w Subs)
            Bull Bars (Slightly Customized)

.::To Do::.
            Tires MT 33's
            Snorkle
            4" Lift
            Tow Bar
            Wind Deflectors
            Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

Ahem. Animal Lifted... no rear bumper... matt black... did I give you permission to copy?!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by blakarm; 23 March 2010, 15:03.

Comment

Ectraz try reading this http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59074

or this http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm

There are plenty of threads on lift kit fitting just do a search.........

You need atleast 2 people to do the lift with ease unless you got real long arms
                and can reach under the truck and inside at the same time to undo the mount bolts...
                i know they are partially captive but they can still be a pain.
                It probly is possible to do it on yer own but why struggle.....
                Remember arrows are silent.....................
                Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

well i now have the matt black paint on it
                  took 2 hours to do the full paint job from start to finish

i love it

Comment

looking good matey..have you changed the dampers.?? You'll have very little articulation if not, especially 'droop' (oooo er). If you do change the dampers, dont forget an extended brake line as theres a good chance you'll snap the stock one the first time you flex the rear..

Comment

I'm loving that paint job!!
                      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                        well i now have the matt black paint on it
                        took 2 hours to do the full paint job from start to finish
                        Excellent stuff - out of curiosity, what prep/paint did you use?

I've done similar things with bikes before and I've generally taken the old paint off with Nitromors (or similar), then primed & painted with Halfords spray cans, in between LOTS of wet & dry fine sanding and plenty of T-cut to get out imperfections. I'd guess that with matt black theres a bit less hard work to do?

Comment

basically ive keyed the old paint up using a red scotch pad all over, then degreased it with a panel wipe,
                          next step was to mask up anything i didnt want paint to go on,
                          the paint i used was cellulose high solid matt black so basically it doesnt need any clearcoat laquer over the top,
                          it was thinned down 1-1 then sprayed using a devilbiss gti gun

it doesnt require any polishing afterwards
                          but i have been doing paintwork for over 9 years now so its second nature to me

Comment

Even the same wheels! do I get royalties?.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                              basically ive keyed the old paint up using a red scotch pad all over, then degreased it with a panel wipe,
                              next step was to mask up anything i didnt want paint to go on,
                              the paint i used was cellulose high solid matt black so basically it doesnt need any clearcoat laquer over the top,
                              it was thinned down 1-1 then sprayed using a devilbiss gti gun

it doesnt require any polishing afterwards
                              but i have been doing paintwork for over 9 years now so its second nature to me
                              What are the chances of doing another one sometime? Kidderminster is on the way down to the in-laws and I'd quite fancy something similar for my surf sometime!

Comment

Working...
                              X