1st week of Surf ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st week of Surf ownership

Well, we've had the Surf for one week now and I have used it every day for commuting and most evenings and all weekend.
    What a wonderful machine!!
    It's a really good looking motor and gets attention wherever it goes - one bloke even shouted "Wicked truck mate"
    It's comfortable and drives like a car - so much so that I sometimes forget that its a 2 ton truck.
    Its very quiet on the road. I kept looking for the turbo light, until I found out from this forum that 3rd gens don't have one. Then I had to drive with the window down to hear the turbo cut in!!
    Its a powerful motor and goes like the proverbial.
    Nobody pulls out of side turnings in front of you, or tries to cut you up on roundabouts. (Except the one loony with a death wish!)
    The "privacy glass" really does help to keep the interior cool and the aircon is very effective.
    Its great driving with the sunroof open and the tailgate window partly down - nice flow of air.
    Anything goes in the back!
    This week has seen pretty average use - motorway driving at 70 mph ( and not a single mph over, officer) sitting in the carpark that is referred to as the M3 in the rush hour, urban traffic, country roads etc. And what was the consumption like? Exactly 28.1 mpg - a good result, or what!!
    So, two very happy bunnies - the only problem is that we can't both drive it at the same time!!
    Attached Files
    Keith

hey glad you liked your surf, i too have had mine for just one week and its the best i've drove for a while. i can fit everything in it, the kids are happy, the dog is happy which makes me a happy bunny too. happy surfing.
    lets go get dirty...

Comment

Glad to hear you're so pleased with it!!! I've been looking out for you but haven't seen you yet - I'm in a red nova GTE this week as my surf is having a few bits fixed so dont panic if you see a little red car flashing and waving at you!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
        Glad to hear you're so pleased with it!!! I've been looking out for you but haven't seen you yet - I'm in a red nova GTE this week as my surf is having a few bits fixed so dont panic if you see a little red car flashing and waving at you!!

You sure it aint a Metro Linda???

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
          You sure it aint a Metro Linda???

Bwahahaha!!! Nope - definately a Nova GTE when I'm driving it....

Tony's got a Renault 21 Diesel now for the commute - even more economical!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X