1989 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 2.4

Was going to view a 3L 94 today but had to cancel. In the meantime may have the chance of a 1989 2.4.I know all the arguments and pros and cons but this may be a good deal.Long tax and mot, new clutch,new tyres,alt,st motor,head done,brakes done,belts done and so it goes on. The owner imported it 8 years ago.He is a 1st class mechanic/engineer and is very meticulous.The price is good to and would be a cheaper intro into surfing.Only had a brief look at it,no rust either. Will have a test drive to make my mind up.Apparently it has a low ratio gearing,so a little slower than the norm,i think same as the 2 door.And of course he only lives around the corner,which is a plus.If it drives ok will prob go for it. Any comments? [ oh and 96k miles]

1. New clutch = manual. Has the flywheel been replaced?

2. Head has been done, but what kind of head has it been replaced with?

3. 'Low ratio gearing'. Not heard that one before. I may be ignorant though.

4. When you say a good price, we are talking under a grand, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      1. New clutch = manual. Has the flywheel been replaced?

2. Head has been done, but what kind of head has it been replaced with?

3. 'Low ratio gearing'. Not heard that one before. I may be ignorant though.

4. When you say a good price, we are talking under a grand, right?
      Im sure he said new flywheel,will check. He removed the head as one of the head bolts had sheared.Apparently checked the number on the head to see if it was a genuine replacement? Low ratio gearing,the crankshaft has to turn another revolution or so to turn the road wheels.Again will check. Less than £1k, not by much though. Will spend half a day with the guy to go through everything. Does seem genuine, well as genuine as any decent person can be when they try to sell their car lol.

Comment

Working...
      X