Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing a 2 inch Susp lift

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me how easy (or not) it is to remove a 2 inch susp lift and what's involved. Is it a job for the pro's?

My office carpark have recently installed ducting on parts of the ceiling and I can't get under it! This means I have to get in very early to get a car parking space by the entrance or park ###### miles away.

Cheers

not that hard, if you can fit it, you can remove it!

most aftermarket shock top nuts rust on horribly after a couple of years, if they wern't fitted using copper slip, I'd try jut taking the rear coils out and fit stock ones and leave the shocks on, the bottom undo ok, to drop axle for coils.

the front is just re-adjust the torsion bars, but you'll need to get the alignment reset.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony.

The problem is that I didn't fit it and I'm not that mechanicaly minded if you know what I mean!

Are you back up and running now? If so, any idea how much you would charge to do it?

Comment

yeah, I can do it, shouldn't take long or cost much, you'd only need to buy new rear coils, the shocks shouldn't be to long and still work. swapping coils and dropping front should 2 hours max, can roughly set toe in, then you can get alignment set properly on way home.

I've lost phone at mo, PM me if you want to sort something out.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

And I'll buy your old coils from you.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I'm changing my rear springs for uprated ones,you can have the old ones if you like!They are on a 3rd gen and ok i think,I carry a lot of tools in the back so need stronger springs

Comment

Working...
            X