Anyone ever used Formula4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever used Formula4?

Just curious - has anyone used them? Any good?

http://www.formula4.co.uk/4x4accesso...95.html?page=0

Way way back had some small stuff of them, they don't stock much for a Surf, just wheels and the odd load cover.

I find it amusing their '4Runner/Surf 1990 to 1995 LN130/KNZ130' has a pic of a 3rd Gen next to it, the drop down menu says 'Mk1 4Runner/Surf 1990-95' (wrong Mk2/2nd gen, 89-95), then 'Surf Mk2 1995-2000 (wrong, 3rd Gen/Mk3 1995-2002..)'!!

Then on the 3rd Gen page (that they think is a Mk2) 'Surf 1995 to 2000 which has horizontal slat in front grille and engine sizes 3.0 and 3.4 litre (what about the 2.7? ). Not to be confused with Toyota 4Runner. Has KZN185 on chasis number' (and only the 3.0TD is a KZN185, and its chassis). Has a pic of a 2nd Gen next to it!!!

Do some research!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yeah, thats kinda what I was thinking but they do have one or two bits that interest me...

Have you seen the Q&A's? The bit about how thinner tyres would alter the gearing...? Eh?!

The main thing that intruiged me was the "Tunit" package (although I can't see how it could be worth spending £500 on) and I like the look of the rectangular light pod too.
      Last edited by Rustinho; 22 March 2010, 13:23.

Comment

Tunit unit.

Hi Rustinho. If youre interested in chipping/remapping, why not speak directly to the Tunit manufacturers. They are in Chorley, where i live, and the company is called Bromleys My guess is that they would be more knowlegeable than someone who thinks that final drive ratios are governed by tyre WIDTH. Good luck. Mick.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
        X