3L on flea bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3L on flea bay

There is a 3L for auction on flea bay .Ive been trying to arrange a view. But before i can send a message the system does an identity check. Its via telephone as i havent an account.I live on a boat so use my mothers telephone as you cant use a mobile.Its easy enough to do but im not sure about the pin number they keep referring to. Do i have to select my own or do they provide one? I thought the latter,its a pain in the ass,have emailed them about it.All i want to do is arrange a viewing. The surf is only 20 miles away ,so its worth a look.Frustrating.

can possibly act as middleman if you want. email me details if you want me to
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

You've lost me a little here mate, if you don't have an Ebay account then how can you bid for it? If you do have an account then use the, 'Ask seller a question' option.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        You've lost me a little here mate, if you don't have an Ebay account then how can you bid for it? If you do have an account then use the, 'Ask seller a question' option.
        I am registered on ebay, but dont have a credit card or similar account.When i click on" ask a seller", the send message page appears.I then fill in the message and click send.It then asks for verification via telephone or your credit card. As i have said i have no card registered so use the telephone option.It then requires a pin number? I assume you have to punch this in on your phone when replying to the call? But do i use any 4,5 or 6 figure number or does flea bay provide a number. Perhaps its me being thick but it dosent explain the system very well.I have bid on a couple of surfs and had no problem. The last seller provided his tel number on the add.I would pay in cash.

Comment

If it's the blue one in radstock it has a saggy arse.........

Oh and if you still want the pointers let me know
          Last edited by BioHazard; 20 March 2010, 15:00.
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I see, never realised you had to go through such a rigamarole if you hadn't registered a credit card or bank account.

Give me the Ebay number and I'll email him if you like, I can then text or email the number to you. Don't worry I won't gazump you, I'm very happy with the Surf I've got!

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
              Wow, you're not kidding! Looks like it's got a pallet of bricks in the back.

Comment

Could have a well maintained engine and transmission though.

Comment

well if he gets it i have a nearly new set of milner springs here

Comment

I noticed it looked low on the photo. It has 12 months or so mot, is this not an mot failure? Yes please to the pointers.

Comment

I see, never realised you had to go through such a rigamarole if you hadn't registered a credit card or bank account.

Give me the Ebay number and I'll email him if you like, I can then text or email the number to you. Don't worry I won't gazump you, I'm very happy with the Surf I've got!
                      Worth a try. Seller.....lyndaned306, 250599683214. My email.....cb2591@googlemail.co m. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        I noticed it looked low on the photo. It has 12 months or so mot, is this not an mot failure? Yes please to the pointers.
                        Saggy arse aint a mot fail unless the springs are realy bad or broken

this is the best guide i know of... http://daemon4x4.org/tech/hiluxsurf/info/faq.htm

as for service stuff i can either pop over to foxhangers or you can come over to lavington ..... and i can run through most of it , depending on when you can view i might be able to go along ......
                        Last edited by BioHazard; 20 March 2010, 20:43.

Comment

Have sent the seller an email mate. Will pass on any info to you as soon as I have it.

Jim.

Comment

Have sent the seller an email mate. Will pass on any info to you as soon as I have it.

Jim.
                            Thanks mate, really appreciated.

Comment

If saggy arse is *all* thats wrong, its a dead easy fix. The things you've already noticed on other trucks you've seen such as low oil and no evidence of any maintenance are far worse.

Personally, a saggy arse wouldn't bother me, but I'd use it to get a few hundred quid off.

<edit>

Just had a look at the ad. Looks like a nice spec truck actually. Do you know what his reserve is? Get over there and have a look, take Ian with you and check everything of importance works. Niff naff problems can be used to get the price down.
                              Last edited by Apache; 21 March 2010, 11:54.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X