Parts availability for imported models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts availability for imported models

I am currently considering a change from my Range Rover Classic to something new. I've always liked the Hilux Surf - good size, towing ability etc etc.
    But I am worried that if I buy an imported model I may have problems with finding spares and getting it serviced.

Can anyone advise whether there is much difference generally with parts between UK spec and imported models?? I'll have between 3k and 4k to spend so I guess I'll be looking at a late 90's model.

I currently run a RR Classic V8 with gas conversion, I love driving it but have found reliability a problem. Keeping it on the road is a major drain on my bank account so when I change I don't want to be stuck with a vehicle that is difficult to service and maintain.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Hi and welcome.

In the main parts are easily come by and servicing is just like any other vehicle. Oil filters etc and cam belt when needed.

Plenty of parts on here from people breaking parts and a few suppliers selling new parts.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Like he said!!, i've never had any problems at all getting parts, it was a concern when i was looking to buy imported but i've found all service items i've needed readily available, roughtrax, milners will supply most of what you'll need also most small parts shops will do the filters etc,and should you be unlucky enough to need a part they dont do then you can still obtain from your local toyota dealer, albeit a bit more expensive, however as said there's always plenty of breakers (on here and ebay etc) that'll save ya paying through the konk from a dealer,
      how much is this 2.4 your looking at? dont pay more than £1,500 unless its exceptional, there pretty cheap and if poss go for a 3lt, not much more but much more power, fuel milage is about the same,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

welcome dude
        likes been said dude parts are easy to come by
        i use gen parts only
        only ever had to wait for toyota to get a part once
        the parts i have renewed are still going some now are 6 years old
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

hi mate dont think about it as a land rover got mine in 2004 and apart from servicing and the need to replace one of the two batteries oh and the front bumper / grill havn't needed anything .you cant go wrong replacing a LR with a toyota.all the best .steve

Comment

Ello and welcome !

Surf parts are in abundance here from some great breakers, also new parts are easy enough to come by I've found.
            www.roughtrax4x4.com
            www.milneroffroad.com/

If you get rid of the LR you'll have nothing to fix on the weekends and might end up off-roading your surf instead

peace
            cal
            Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X