Iezura, roughtrax, genuine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iezura, roughtrax, genuine

I have a few bits I need for the impending arrival of my 4Runner, I've seen an ebay shop Iezura. Does anyone have any opinions on the quality of the components from these guys as opposed to roughtrax stuff, or genuine bits. I'm looking at getting the following bits from the following places:

Iezura

Set of filters
    Waterpump
    Cambelt tensioner & pulley

Roughtrax

+2" springs (not for the lift, but reading that they'll settle to normal ride height)

Local Parkers parts

Gates cambelt (or a genuine one if i find one on ebay in time)

What do you reckon to the above?

Maybe do all 4 shocks too - not sure on this yet - any recommendations on what's good to go for/where from?

Got the centre section exhaust for my 3rd gen from Iezura & i "WON'T" be using them again.

It fit perfect but after a day of being on the truck it cracked & they would not send a replacement untill they got the old one back which was not an option so i had it welded.

Suppose you get what you pay for.

I only use roughtrax from now on.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I used an Izeura exhaust on my 2nd gen and it was fine. Cant comment on longevity though as I sold the truck 6 months later, but it seemed solid enough and fit was good, but for the kind of stuff you have on your Izeura shopping list Id probably favour roughtrax.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Mr

I used an Izeura for a rad but not got truck anymore but had it over year before truck went
        seem to remember jotto got one before me and his still going strong
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

I've had a few bits from them. Some have been fine, some have been not so good.

Got balljoints and sent them back cos they were cack, but have had other bits and pieces that came in a Toyota bag.

Milners are worth a look too. Exact same bits as RT sometimes - and cheaper, but RT have brought some of their prices down to match now, so the choice is yours.

Critical stuff like oil filter / cambelt etc I'd stick with OEM or quality aftermarket though.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Iezura

Originally posted by pops View Post
            I used an Izeura for a rad but not got truck anymore but had it over year before truck went
            seem to remember jotto got one before me and his still going strong
            Interesting to read these comments, I replaced the radiator on my 4runner with one from Iezura.It lasted about 14 months! Until the seams around the top started leaking and the thing started to come appart! I have still got it if anyone wants a pic!! As for the water pump i replaced mine with a Rough trax
            part along with a cam belt not a cheap one at the same time that i replaced the cylinder head again from rough trax, two years ago and no problems since!
            Last edited by red barron; 15 March 2010, 09:25.

Comment

'Gates' are good belts, IIRC they are used as standard fit by some manufacturers

Comment

Working...
              X