Squeeky noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeeky noise

I have a hilux surf ssrx 2.4 TD and ive had this for a while now when i get anywere up to 40 mph i get a loud squeek like a wheel baring has gone and is gonna give way but when it warms up the noise disapeares its really strange i have changed both inner and outer baring on the passanger side were its noisiest but we still have this squeek its really annoyin, any suggestions

Originally posted by rob24 View Post
    I have a hilux surf ssrx 2.4 TD and ive had this for a while now when i get anywere up to 40 mph i get a loud squeek like a wheel baring has gone and is gonna give way but when it warms up the noise disapeares its really strange i have changed both inner and outer baring on the passanger side were its noisiest but we still have this squeek its really annoyin, any suggestions

You checked for Mice?

Sorry couldn't resist. I also had the same on the rear drivers side changed the half shaft and a month later back to the mice!!

when the bearing dies does it break up? and leave bits in there!

Comment

i had the same thing could not find out what it was for the life of me!! turned out it was the wind on my roof rack!

Comment

try it in different gears at the same speed, to isolate the noise to engine or transmission.

does it do it under load, coasting, in neutral rolling at 40, in 4wd, etc.....

does it go away if you cover the brakes, then try it just pulling the hand brake on.

this all helps work out if its a front or back axle problem, etc...

most bearing noises change when you press the brakes, as the shoes/pads help support the shaft. if it only changes on handbrake, them its rear axle, if it only changes when pedel is pressed its likely to be front.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

That's what mine sounded like before the spinny plate doodad in the gearbox sheared.

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
            You checked for Mice?

Sorry couldn't resist. I also had the same on the rear drivers side changed the half shaft and a month later back to the mice!!

when the bearing dies does it break up? and leave bits in there!

lol it did make me laugh and i thing ive figured it the front driveshafts are constantly turning with the wheels and when you hit the 4x4 switch it gets worse so im gonna take my front driveshafts out its only a half hour job each way just going to try one then the other im not buyin 2 new ones

Comment

Working...
            X