Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub woofer

Hello,

Has anybody put a sub in the surf NOT in the load space.

I would like to put a sub in but I need to keep the rear clear for work.

Any info much appreciated.

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

you can buy subs that fit under the seat made by pioneer or jvc but they sound cakk but if your not bothered about loudness they are very suitable.. if you want a good sounder get a tube or partition behind the rear seat with mdf and fit one in that .you dont have to use the whole boot like i did although i have enough space for the shopping left lol. if you do it this way you still have the whole boot minus an inch for the board to stand verticley but by the sounds of it a tube would be ideal for you behind the rear seat.
    ITS GOOD BUT ITS NOT RIGHT ?

Comment

Cheers Fester,

Behind the rear seat is a definate no no. It is daily loaded upto the roof with stuff so under the seat it is then.

I have changed the other speakers but since I changed the rears I don't get as much bass as I used to but plenty of the rest at high volume

Rich.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
        Hello,

Has anybody put a sub in the surf NOT in the load space.

I would like to put a sub in but I need to keep the rear clear for work.

Any info much appreciated.

Rich.

I'm in the same boat as you, I have a behind seat bass bin with a 17" woofer and never get to keep it in as I fill the boot with my work gear.
        I am tempted to see if the rear side panels will take anything of a decent size just to give some low down grunt.
        When I eventualy get round to it I'll let you know the outcome.

Fish
        If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

use the two pocket doors in the rear chaps you could fit two 8 inch subs in there.......17 inch sub thats a wierd size ????
          ITS GOOD BUT ITS NOT RIGHT ?

Comment

Originally posted by fester
            17 inch sub thats a wierd size ????

True, I thought it was a 15 so bought a 15" grill to protect it and its about 2 inch to small so it must be around the 17". No markings on it to identify the make. May get rid though and try the 8" in the sides as you sugest.

Fish
            If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Working...
            X