Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shudder??

What causes clutch shudder?

My truck is fine in 1st/3rd/4th/5th but in 2nd on low revs it have a shudder/vibration

Any clues.....as I have just put it back together

Cheers
    Mark

Oil on the friction plate/flywheel. (should burn off if it is just from handling with greasy hands) otherwise could be a seal leaking.

Loose/broken engine/gearbox mounts? (Would be more noticeable in first gear though)

Or just could be not enough revs??
    Hard to diagnose without driving it.

Comment

Are you sure its the clutch, a shuddering or juddering clutch is as you release the clutch pulling away, so what its doing 2/3/4/5 gears is irrelivent.

If it's only doing it in 2nd, its more likely to be gearbox related.

What do you call low revs? maybe its just trying to stall cos its in 2nd and going to slow. Is this a new thing?
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
        What causes clutch shudder?
        I am no mechanic but could it be the clutch?

Do I get the points?
        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Oil on the friction plate/flywheel. (should burn off if it is just from handling with greasy hands) otherwise could be a seal leaking.

Loose/broken engine/gearbox mounts? (Would be more noticeable in first gear though)

Or just could be not enough revs??
          Hard to diagnose without driving it.
          Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          Are you sure its the clutch, a shuddering or juddering clutch is as you release the clutch pulling away, so what its doing 2/3/4/5 gears is irrelivent.

If it's only doing it in 2nd, its more likely to be gearbox related.

What do you call low revs? maybe its just trying to stall cos its in 2nd and going to slow. Is this a new thing?
          I think a touch of paranoia .... just fixed it trying to spot any probs and being to light footed (for a change)...bit heavier on the revs and it's fine... (IOW) Thanks chaps

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
          I am no mechanic but could it be the clutch?

Do I get the points?
          This would be funny if I hadn't taken 6 hours to take it apart and put it back in!!! ...well maybe!!

Comment

Working...
          X