Yes Yes Yes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Yes Yes

Did MOT today failed on front brake pads, no fog light (whoops forgot to put that back on), reg lights. So I got the parts and took them home to fit.

Lights easy.....right hand side pads easy.....left hand side three of the ?pistons easy ... the last ###### one would not budge as hard as I tried.

So ended up having to whip the whole caliper off my scrapper and replace the unit.

Now it's passed the MOT......very happy!!

Anyone know how to free the piston on the removed caliper?

Cheers
    Mark

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
    Did MOT today failed on front brake pads, no fog light (whoops forgot to put that back on), reg lights. So I got the parts and took them home to fit.

Lights easy.....right hand side pads easy.....left hand side three of the ?pistons easy ... the last ###### one would not budge as hard as I tried.

So ended up having to whip the whole caliper off my scrapper and replace the unit.

Now it's passed the MOT......very happy!!

Anyone know how to free the piston on the removed caliper?

Cheers
    Mark

I clamp the caliper in a vise and use big adjustable pipe grips or Stilsons to 'unscrew' the piston out. You can grip the outer most rim of the piston and just file it smooth if it gets too scored.
    Then use fine emery cloth or wet-or-dry paper to rub the rusted section off.
    I did this to mine about five/six years ago and they still work as good as new.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      I clamp the caliper in a vise and use big adjustable pipe grips or Stilsons to 'unscrew' the piston out. You can grip the outer most rim of the piston and just file it smooth if it gets too scored.
      Then use fine emery cloth or wet-or-dry paper to rub the rusted section off.
      I did this to mine about five/six years ago and they still work as good as new.
      Thanks Bushy

Comment

Working...
      X