Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Bar corrosion

Hi,

New to this forum but having scanned through it, I'm pretty sure someone out there can help me.....

Our new Surf (96 model year) has what I believe is a Toyota Original Equipment A-Bar fitted. I can't post attachments yet, so no photos, but I can tell you its the same as the one on the Adrian Flux ad that you see dotted about the forum pages.

Unfortunately on ours, the two "chrome" trim pieces either side of the "TOYOTA" graphic are badly dented and completely rotten with corrosion.

Does anyone out there know if its possible to replace these, or of any other ways of tarting these bars up? The actual bars are in pretty good nick (i.e. the chrome is still keeping the rust at bay) so I'm not considering replacing the whole thing, just the trim pieces or at worst the entire plastic section.

Thanks in advance........

zAknY
    Last edited by legocar; 29 March 2010, 07:47.

hi welcome, sure one of the guys breaking a Surf may be able to help
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Those 2 small chrome bits are always the first to go.I would either take them off and see if you can fnd something to stick back in there or just paint the space black.You will find it hard to find an A Bar now thats perfect
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks guys,

I'll remove them this weekend and see what it looks like without them.... I might even see what the bars look like without the plastic section fitted at all

I want to sort it out before I fit some spot's......

Comment

i think the bar will look better with the cross section fitted and just with the 2 small chrome bits removed
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

When I got mine the cross bar was missing so I got some stainless L bar and fitted that.

It looks good, won't rust and is a sturdy place for my spot lights to sit on top and my number plate to fit on the front!

Thanks,

Ray.
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

i think growler might have a mint one in his basement

Comment

Working...
              X