yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd Gen Free Wheeling Hubs with lifts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Free Wheeling Hubs with lifts...

Hi All

I have just had a 2" Roughtrax Suspension lift and a 1 1/2" Milner body lift on my 3rd Generation Surf.

I have looked on here for the answers but most things are for 2nd Gen and I'm not sure that they are the same.

It seems that it would be a good idea to fit some manual FWHs from what I can read to help save the CV boots, but the Roughtrax website doesn't seem to have them for the KZN185.

Could anyone please let me have their thoughts and if recommended the best place to source them?

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers

Fernie

I have a feeling the hubs are the same, I could check on yoshies truck tomorrow if you don't get a definite answer here.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

FWHs arn't just a simple bolt on for 3rd Gens, you need new shafts and hubs and other stuff, the US kits are over $1k, so most people don't bother.

*EDIT... link if you don't believe me... *

http://www.offroadsolutions.com/manu...onversion.html
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
        I have a feeling the hubs are the same, I could check on yoshies truck tomorrow if you don't get a definite answer here.
        Thanks Alan, it would be nice to know, but seems like Tony has an answer!

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        FWHs arn't just a simple bolt on for 3rd Gens, you need new shafts and hubs and other stuff, the US kits are over $1k, so most people don't bother.

*EDIT... link if you don't believe me... *

http://www.offroadsolutions.com/manu...onversion.html
        Shitty death, Tony, I reckon I could also fall into the "don't bother" category!!
        I'm hoping mine won't be too bad with the smaller lifts I've got.

Thanks anyway...
        Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Working...
        X