Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN185 4WD NOt ENGAGING / LIGHTS FLASHING

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if they know anyone in the NE of Scotland that could diagnose and fix this problem?

I have had the vehicle into 3 garages and know one can diagnose and Toyota are not interested in looking at it.
    If yer ma comes fae Buckie yi must be unlucky!

Hi Mate,
    I had the same issue with mine, there's 2x switches on the transfer box which engage/ dis-engage the 4WD they are a dealer only part but might be the cheaper option for starters. Cant remember the exact price bout £100 quid for the two i think. If you crawl underneath you can see them they sit parallel to each other.

Relentless

P.S. Good luck

Comment

cheers dude

Comment

Do you know if 4 wheel drive is actually engaging and its just the indication not showing it or is the solenoid just not moving to engage the gears?

My surf will engage 4x4 pretty quickly but the indication take a while to catch up, it flashes for a wee whilee, sometimes its still flashing after i've engaged 4x4 and got out of the hole/muddy puddle/snow drift i was stuck in 2wd in.

Comment

It's def not engaging but I have no idea if it's a solenoid issue. It does not matter what mode I stick it in it will not engage. The lights used to turn solid if it was engaged.

Comment

My vehicles 4wd is not working when ever i switch to open position it is blinking n its not engaging i have looked in to the 4wd board but its all fine so what can be the issue of it

Comment

Working...
            X