yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sure this has been asked before but??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure this has been asked before but??

I have tried searching the forum but to noavail.
    Where can I buy 265/70/R16.
    I have Brigestone Winter Dueler's on at the mo are they any good or should I look for something better mostly road wear occaisonal use in fields towing my horse trailer.
    I looking for the cheapest (I'm very broke at the mo)but good quality any suggestions???

Thanks
    http://community.webshots.com/user/cassie08100

Originally posted by darkangel
    I have Brigestone Winter Dueler's on at the mo are they any good or should I look for something better mostly road wear occaisonal use in fields towing my horse trailer.
    I looking for the cheapest (I'm very broke at the mo)but good quality any suggestions???

Thanks

Try www.blackcircles.com
    ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

Sorry dont know enough about tyres!!! what is best 50/50 80/20 etc

I cant seem to get these tyres.No-one seems to stock them!! Please help.

Plus does any one want to swap a 16" alloy for a 15" alloy????(if you can get a match to my others ones CV 928 it would be good if not anything considered)

Does anyone know the standard height floor to sill??? Not sure if mine is slightly lifted or not.It does have gas shocks is this standard??

Please reply I desperate to know.
      Many thanks in advance
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks
        BF Goodrich A/T's seam to be the favourite for general road & offroad use but they seam a bit rare at the moment, if you already run 265/70/r16 tyres dont go to 265-75-16 as they will hit your front wheelarches. i get my tyres from
        http://www.bronco4x4.com as they are local to me
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Thanks
          Firstly, 31x10.50x16 is roughly the same size so look for those too.
          Secondly, Kumho A/T's are a reasonable cheap alternative, and wear well - at £57 each fitted, balanced etc they are good value. They are slightly more noisy than the BFG's but you gets what you pay for (A BFG A/T will set you back around £80-90).
          Thirdly, as you're down this way try Micheldever Tyres (nr Andover) they are generally very cheap and have good stocks, they also know surfs - we've had them do our cars a few times and they havent f***** up yet.

When people say 50:50 or 80:20 they are describing the percentage of on/off roading. An All Terrain (A/T) tyre is intended for people doing a majority road work, with a bit of off roading. A Mud Terrain (M/T) tyre is more agressive and used by people doing much more extreme off roading. Generally speaking you will get more wear out of an A/T and it will be quieter on road than a M/T. The MPG may also be slightly better.

As ever tyres are a matter of personal choice, good A/T's like BFG cope very well in extreme conditions (I've run them on my truck all winter on some pretty extreme sites), and the pricier M/T's will run quietly and well on road (as Koi's BFG M/T's prove), but if you are on a limited budget and dont have plans to do any very extreme off roading I'd suggest Kumho A/T's.

Last edited by Linda; 21 June 2004, 21:50.
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

and those in the pic are 15"... although i didn't read the post and probably completely missed what it's all about!

p.s i got colway ctrax on and they've been good... had them since january and haven't had any trouble on or off road and they go for about £40 each from 4x4 accessories and tyres, who also do wheel and tyre combination packages quite cheap so may be worth a try?
            Last edited by dabigman; 21 June 2004, 21:53.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
              and those in the pic are 15"... although i didn't read the post and probably completely missed what it's all about!

The spare is a 15" but the rest of the wheels are 16",so I need another 16" alloy/steel to replace the 15" alloy spare (Hope that make sense)

Thanks for replys will try a few of them see if they have any in stock

So does anyone know the measurement from floor to sill ???

Comment

Working...
              X