• Show
Clear All

• Disgraceful

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8547495.stm
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

thats is ruddy disgusting and i hope the family sue for everything they can
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I can't understand the mentality of someone who would stand around and let her die, knowing they could easily get her out and possibly save her life.

Comment

Bad as it is, I wonder how many other holes and such are out there un checked for over 50 years, that's how the sea wall went in towyn N Wales 20 years ago, it was victorian and hadn't been maintained.
        You don't forget things like that when it happens to you.

peace
        cal
        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

There are about 4,000 disused mine shafts in Ayrshire.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            There are about 4,000 disused mine shafts in Ayrshire.
            They've just finished building a new housing estate on few near me!!

Comment

Th central belt of Scotland is riddled with them. They only filled them with rubble, that's now being washed away and they're re-opening.

Comment

Im sorry but F**K rules & health & safety shite, a womans life is on the line & all the pen pushing to$$er can think about is risk assesment.

F**K me what is this F***ED up country coming to.

Sorry for all the swearing but things like this really boil my pi$$.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                  Im sorry but F**K rules & health & safety shite, a womans life is on the line & all the pen pushing to$$er can think about is risk assesment.

100% agree.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

About 15 years or so ago a small town in Kent where I've lived had an incident involving the police dealing with a man armed with a shotgun. The bloke shot his wife and himself after a stand off with the police.

The woman survived and phoned the police, telling them that her husband was dead after shooting himself and could they send an ambulance for her. The police refused to go in because it posed a risk in case the bloke was actually still armed. After an hour the woman bled to death and the police broke into the house. (The Levellers wrote a song about it called 61 Minutes of Pleading)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4248646.stm

To make matters worse for the family they tried to sue the police for negligence and the authorities tried to land them with a £90k legal bill.

It's this sort of thing that makes me think that this country hasn't gone crazy. It's been crazy for years.

Comment

I read that in the Hootsmon (scotsman) this morning and I was shocked, but not surprised. Health and Safety legislation exists for a reason, and that reason primarily is to protect Joe and Joan Soap from being exploited to the point where their lives/health is ruined by big business, unscrupulous employers and generally those in charge. I work in an industry where HSE issues are of prime importance, at the forefront of everything, but you start wondering if its gone just a little OTT when you need to post MSDS sheets and have COSHH appraisals for domestic cleaning products. I also find that there are far too many people ready to claim "its a safety issue" when its quite clearly not.
                        Many of these HSE driven instructions and edicts are now more about protecting organisations from ambulance chasing lawyers who might just sue. Remember the hobby bobbies who watched someone drown not so long back because they hadnt been trained or some such guff. Its up to individuals at the scene now to decide. I like to think that if I had been there, Id have said f*c* it. Im going in and Im going to pull her out and to hell with the consequences. Sorry boss but today I disobey. I do worry however that we are busy creating a generation who have no such powers of independent thought.

Bogus
                        Сви можемо

Comment

A tragic loss, unfortuanatly the authorities will probably put the cause of death down to medical issues rather than "paper work" issues.

p.s. anyone seen my COSHH assessment for fresh water? Or my 32page wadge of risk assessment I need to fill a diesel tank up with?

Comment

What next?

Fire crews: - we can't go into the building because it's on fire.

Lifeboat crews:- we can't put the boat out because the sea's too rough.

Ambulance crews:- we can't move the patient because they are injured.

Those comments are not meant to reflect the attitude of the brave people who carry out those jobs, they're a comment on how Health and Safety rules are now affecting how those people can act.

We've all seen pictures recently of people digging in rubble and buildings that are about to collapse to rescue others. How on earth would the HSE manage that kind of situation?
                            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

They stood and watched for six hours?!

F##k that i'm going in. SACK ME.

What the f##k where they thinking? how can they sleep at night?

'I stood and watched her die, because somebody told me not to do it'!!!!!!!!!!

Why does everybody just do as they're told, instead of doing the right thing?

F###ing spineless, brainless idiots all.

Comment

Working...
                              X