Rear window mechanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's my teeth gone?

Here we are: missing teeth on the end of the run on the motor path / runner.

Excuse the white balance.
    Attached Files
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

What's that actually a picture of? I can't make anything out at all!
      Andy
      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

I can see the damage, must have been pretty stuck or they must have been very corroded.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
          I can see the damage, must have been pretty stuck or they must have been very corroded.
          Both I think!

Roughtrax has the mechanisms. Has anyone posted a "how to" on changing them over, here? I'll have a quick search.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
            What's that actually a picture of? I can't make anything out at all!
            Its an "extreme" close up of the gears that the motor grips on to, as taken through a small slit in the tailgate once I removed all of the covers. Because I could see this I didnt bother removing the motor or anything else.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              Its an "extreme" close up of the gears that the motor grips on to, as taken through a small slit in the tailgate once I removed all of the covers. Because I could see this I didnt bother removing the motor or anything else.
              Gotcha. Looks nasty.

They don't normally wear out, you might get a decent one off a breaker?
              Andy
              http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
                Gotcha. Looks nasty.

They don't normally wear out, you might get a decent one off a breaker?
                I'll ask around, otherwise its a replacement from roughtrax at £60
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                X