yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing Black Smoke Syndrome...Is this guy genuine??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing Black Smoke Syndrome...Is this guy genuine??

Whilst going through ebay, I came across this, the seller reckons it is a 2 minute job to fit this "bearing" which cures the black smoke problem on all jap diesel imports.

I have copied and pasted it as it is on ebay......

The photo is of my car a Hilux Surf SSR-G '93 LN130 which suffered at first the same as my Pajero. This system works for both cars .

So, you have done it - you have purchased a Pajero. Well done, you have bought a wonderful vehicle which should prove a joy to own.

I bought my 2.5 Exceed and was delighted with the car. All the electrics, climate control etc. etc. Nothing like my previous English spec. cars. However, I was very concerned and sometimes embarrassed, when it came to starting up in a busy car park or overtaking a Landrover with the cloud of black smoke behind me .

I took my car to a local garage who gave me no idea as to what the cause was, and presented me with a bill for £45. The Mitsubishi main agent was next on my list of places to visit in my quest for a solution. They suggested that I make an appointment to bring my car back to have the fuel pump adjusted. With only limited funds available, and not convinced that this would resolve the problem entirely, I decided to decline their offer.

I spent hours and hours scanning the web for information as to what could be the cause. Then I found a 'constant'. The EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Valve. Unfortunately, that's where the constant ends because there are hundreds of people telling you to do many things to your car to get rid of the black smoke syndrome!!!!! The hours spent trawling through endless web sites at least proved that I was not the only Pajero owner looking to 'give up smoking'.

After several weeks and numerous attempts to stop the smoking, I heard of something which sounded very promising.

I decided to give it a go and hey presto! no more black smoke.

Not only has the black smoke gone, but I have noticed my car is a little faster and even more important, a little more economical .

The key to the whole idea is not to disconnect the EGR valve, adjust diesel pump or anything where your hands get too dirty, but to follow some very simple instructions which I will post to you along with a simple bearing.

A BEARING ????

This bearing is a wonderful little trick that got rid of my black smoke . It took a minute to fit and I have never looked back. I have put a bearing in a friend's Delica and he has experienced the same - better economy and less smoke.

For just £2.75 I will send you

A: The bearing

B: Step by step instructions on where and how to fit the bearing

C: Further information which I have collected over the last year or so

about the said problem.

What have you got to lose?

I was just wondering if what this guy is saying is genuine?

Has any body done this mod to their own surf?

Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

Thanks for reading

Yogi
    Keep On Truckin!

first of all do a service and chage fuel and air filters.Pour redex or atf in the new filter and then use a cable tie to do the egr mod and that way it won't cost you what that guy is charging for a ball bearing and instructions on how to pull a pipe off and put in a tiny b/bearing and refitting the pipe.
    Do a search for egr mod and you'll get instructions for free
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

old old old old topic.....

lol, blocking your EGR valve has been covered more times than a cracked 2.4 head.

Jap cars recirculate exhaust gas to lower combustion temps under heavy throttle by diluting fuel mixture with inert exhaust gasses, which lowers NoX emissions.

The side effect of this is black smoke under load, which the Japs arn't bothered about, but the UK is for MOT's, but we arn't bothered about NoX emissions here.

A properly working truck won't make enough smoke to worry MOT people, but a old/worn/broken engine or EGR system will make more smoke than necessary and not run so well.

The upside of blocking the EGR, is you get a hotter, better burn of the fuel mixture so the truck makes less smoke and runs better.

Most people just pull the pipe of the valve, fold it in half and cable tie it together, or put a screw in the end.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        old old old old topic.....

lol, blocking your EGR valve has been covered more times than a cracked 2.4 head.

Jap car recirculate exhaust gas to lower combustion temps under heavy throttle but diluting fuel mixture with inert exhaust gasses, which lowers NoX emissions.

The side effect of this is black smoke underload, which the Japs arn't bothered about, but the UK is for MOT's, but we arn't bothered about NoX emissions here.

A properly working truck won't make enough smoke to worry MOT people, but a old/worn/broken engine or EGR system will make more smoke than necessary and not run so well.

The upside of blocking the EGR, is you get a hotter, better burn of the fuel mixture so the truck makes less smoke and runs better.

Most people just pull the pipe of the valve, fold it in half and cable tie it together, or put a screw in the end.

Don't listen to Tony what does he know about Surfs after all he has only worked on a few thousand of them :-p
        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

is it true that sending the carbon back into the head causes faster ring wear?
          NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Turbo View Post
            is it true that sending the carbon back into the head causes faster ring wear?

Not as fast as you getting drunk and staying at Rupert's
            Brian

Comment

Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaa !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                Not as fast as you getting drunk and staying at Rupert's
                make sure you use high temperature graphite grease!
                NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Working...
                X