good news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good news

garage just phoned to tell me me motors running fine, the keyway had broke on the injection pump, what ever that is, thought i was in for a new pump, over the moon me.

Originally posted by caney View Post
    garage just phoned to tell me me motors running fine, the keyway had broke on the injection pump, what ever that is, thought i was in for a new pump, over the moon me.
    Easiest way to describe a keyway is:

Mostly used on spindles & shafts generally speaking, a keyway is a method of locking a component in place. There will be a channel cut in the spindle, into which a tight fitting piece of metal is inserted. This sits proud of the spindle so a component with the appropriate cut out, like a cog for example, can be locked onto the spindle.
    Cut out & metal insert can vary in size & shape of course, depending on application requirements.

Great news though! A lot less cost than you feared eh? Nice one.

Comment

ta for info tony, pick it up 2mora no where near £700 thank god.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted at last!

Alan
        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by caney View Post
          just had garage on gona bring my baby home, £200 result.

______________________________ _________________________

Comment

great result, pleased for you mate. now all you need to do is get it plastered in mud
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
            X