how come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how come

just been looking at a 2.4 surf k reg on ebay, one disabled driver since coming into country its mint, the engine looks new, £14oo why are surfs so cheap, land rover in that condition £6000 maybe, and the surf is a better motor me thinks ?

That's for sure! A mate of mine got nearly £3000 for a 86 rotten LR 110 just because it had a TDI engine. The rotten chassis was hidden with under-seal it is a good engine the TDI but a good 2.4 without bigger tyres! can keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by caney View Post
      just been looking at a 2.4 surf k reg on ebay, one disabled driver since coming into country its mint, the engine looks new, £14oo why are surfs so cheap, land rover in that condition £6000 maybe, and the surf is a better motor me thinks ?
      It's definatly a buyers market at the minute.

I think with the surf its the word "import" that still puts people off, if people knew how good these trucks really are & how relatively cheap they are on parts the price would rocket.

Well thats my thoughts anyway.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

i agree, if i had the dosh deffo buy that one on ebay.

Comment

Prices have gone back up which is strange ? I remember seeing good condition LN130 (2.4) surfs for £500
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            Prices have gone back up which is strange ? I remember seeing good condition LN130 (2.4) surfs for £500

Hardly strange....have you spent the last 2 1/2 months either in the far east or underground without a link to see the uk weather mate?
            Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
              Hardly strange....have you spent the last 2 1/2 months either in the far east or underground without a link to see the uk weather mate?
              Actually yes!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

People who want a landrover generally REALLY want a landrover, they seam to be happy to pay over the odds for them as most that I know (including myself when I bought my first landy) only look at landies and dont compare them to other 4x4's.

I ended up with my surf because I required a new 4x4, I went to a 4x4 dealer and looked at all sorts of jeeps, shittybusses, yota's and landies. I could afford a shed of a landy 90 or a very tidy surf, thankfully I went for the surf!!

p.s. dieselboy is that a GMC in your avatar?

Comment

After been bitten by the 4x4 bug I owned a range Rover classic...which I loved but every week brought a new fault some pretty serious and expensive. Reliability was not her thing...

I then looked at stacks of stuff before finding Surfs on eBay.

Its a lot of truck for little money and it has the Toyota badge on the front.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

with the weather clearing up now the price on Bland rovers of all sorts will start to fall again, its just you say 4x4 to joe public and the first one that comes to mind is that one

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                      After been bitten by the 4x4 bug I owned a range Rover classic...which I loved but every week brought a new fault some pretty serious and expensive. Reliability was not her thing...

I then looked at stacks of stuff before finding Surfs on eBay.

Its a lot of truck for little money and it has the Toyota badge on the front.
                      Same here I had a 300TDI vogue classic, loved driving it and it was better in the rough than the surf purely 'cause it had traction control but I always worried what would break next! the guy who brought it (so called car dealer) spent about the same as he paid for it on repair to get it up to towing scratch!
                      Used to love it if it was as reliable as the surf I would still have it.
                      Only real regret is I left a 2 year old EP9 on it as part of the deal.
                      Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

£1400 is good money for a 2.4 I'd expect a very good one for that price.

They're cheap for a good reason, they can cost you a small fortune at the drop of a hat and economical is not something that is in the Surf's vocabulary. That said, I suppose any other 4x4 is pretty much the same. They're not particularly desireable unless they're lifted or in mint condition and the target market for them is very small indeed. Their on-road manners aren't great and in standard form they're decidedly mediocre off roaders.

Its not a vehicle you can buy and expect to only need routine maintenance. BUT, they're massively practical vehicles and I love them, even with all of their faults.
                        En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Working...
                        X