Latest email scam...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest email scam...

Latest one to hit my email box anyway...

It supposedly comes from HM Revenue & Customs with the usual 'you've got an accrued tax rebate' thing just waiting for you to claim...

Just thought I'd bring it everyone's attention...

So you didnt get a £4786 rebate like they just told me i was going to get after i gave my bank account details?
    They told me it was in the post.
    Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
      So you didnt get a £4786 rebate like they just told me i was going to get after i gave my bank account details?
      They told me it was in the post.

Yeah right! All I got offered was £278. Silly beggars!

Comment

yeah i've had that one to, at least they're getting better at scams the "Dear {your email address here} I am the COE of a reealy big companies and we would really like it for you to invest in it" ones got pretty boring.

I get them through the post too, some persistant scammers calling themself the "halifax" send me one every month saying "your credit card bill, please pay the balance below" every month its higher and higher, how daft do they think I am like............

Comment

With my email addy online on my business site I get 10 a day, at least, some I read, none I respond to, the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true" is how I play it, if anyone is giving me something for real I'll get it, but being an unlucky bstard I know anything I get will be worked for. Hazzo

Comment

On a more serious note, this is highly ilegal and these people should be shot.
            Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
              On a more serious note, this is highly ilegal and these people should be shot.
              "Zey should all be taken out at dawn und shot!" (Please apply your best German accent when reading this.)

Comment

I did.
                Ze SS.
                Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Working...
                X