Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Maverick;620697]
    Originally posted by nigel129 View Post

Almost nice recovery there. If you look you'll find me.
    nope, cant find you ?
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Comment

on a different note !

funny thing happened to me yesterday, heard a strange rattling noice, from the enginish direction, so, as i was waiting for the wife, up with the bonnet. After several slight burns, holding this, pushing that, couldnt pin any noise down.
      So back in the truck and off to go, ...same noise....... a mile or two later it suddenly dawned on me.... the dam empty can of seven up in the drinks holder,
      Wont be so quick in futre to distrust the old girl, and the wifes under orders to use a bin.
      nigel

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
        funny thing happened to me yesterday, heard a strange rattling noice, from the enginish direction, so, as i was waiting for the wife, up with the bonnet. After several slight burns, holding this, pushing that, couldnt pin any noise down.
        So back in the truck and off to go, ...same noise....... a mile or two later it suddenly dawned on me.... the dam empty can of seven up in the drinks holder,
        Wont be so quick in futre to distrust the old girl, and the wifes under orders to use a bin.
        nigel
        Neal

Comment

[QUOTE=nigel129;620698]
          Originally posted by Maverick View Post

nope, cant find you ?
          http://www.fuelly.com/driver/maverick/hilux-surf
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

[QUOTE=Maverick;620742]Hmmm, i see what you mean by SAD, Defo gona have a go on this site itll do and record it all for me.
            HOWEVER, looking at your figures, im wondering if theres anything i can do to better the MPG, i dont suppose your average MPG included towing a caravan ?
            Just think what mine will be like at easter, BUT i havent recorded or worked it out over as many refills as you, or the period of time.
            At the moment, i recon im lucky to get 18 to gall on local running around, stop start, school run, etc,
            any thoughts ? Ive done what i been advised to, the only thing now is to "grease my nipples" , but the wifes not interested. The sun visor has something in jap, do you think i need to get someone with a grease gun ???
            nigel

Comment

No mine doesn't tow a tin top.

My recorded data goes back to when I bought her in 2003, and it doesn't get any better.
              Over the years I have had the injectors replaced, fitted a heated fuel cat, fitted cruise control (which used more fuel becasuse it couldn't atticipate what's coming), installed a transmission cooler (reduced engine temps quite a bit), and a few others not forgeting regular serviceing.

She gets better fuel figures in Scotland (I think it must be the air), and on long motorway journeys tucked up behind a lorry at 56mpg (by tucked I mean just inside the 2 second rule, but not so close it's dangerous). In fact my highest recorded figure was the first 200km of the M6 going north bound at 3am and loaded as shown in the picture (the only time I've ever loaded her so badly she got a snake on above 57mph, I've never done that again).

One thing you could check is if you have two silencers on your exhaust, Mine did until the back one fell off, after that my mpg improved by 2 putting me above 20. I got a welder to fit some pipe from the first silencer straight to the back so she'd pass the MOT.
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
              X